DOOM ETERNAL Announced with Trailer

Doom Eternal Trailer Demade In Doom II

Seriously how great would it be if the devs made an option for a low performance potato mode to make the game look like this

Tip: hit play on both simultaneously

FrgMstr

Last edited:
Doom Eternal Trailer Demade In Doom II

Seriously how great would it be if the devs made an option for a low performance potato mode to make the game look like this

Tip: hit play on both simultaneously

FrgMstr

They kind of have that with the option to lower resolution AND resolution scaling. I know because I had to use it before getting my 1070 :D

But ye, I can see Bethesda selling or otherwise monetizing this feature

Might be in the minority but the first doom game I played was doom 3 and I loved the sound / gameplay and story . It was a more serious take on doom. While the last 2 games follow (I think) the more "crazy non serious' aspect which many older fans like . Personally I would really like if they bring back the more serious tone .

Might be in the minority but the first doom game I played was doom 3 and I loved the sound / gameplay and story . It was a more serious take on doom. While the last 2 games follow (I think) the more "crazy non serious' aspect which many older fans like . Personally I would really like if they bring back the more serious tone .
I like all the Doom games, but I don't see how 2016 was any less "serious" than Doom 3. It still has a well-developed story with roots in sci-fi and plenty of horror elements throughout. The pace of the game is just different because they changed the Doomguy to the Doom Slayer, so the game had to follow with that concept. But I have been playing through Doom 3 again recently, and i have to say I like the change of pace going back to that. The gameplay somehow seems more rewarding since the game is harder and more challenging. More thought has to go into each encounter, while in 2016 you can just get crazy and swap to any weapon like a mad man.

I like all the Doom games, but I don't see how 2016 was any less "serious" than Doom 3. It still has a well-developed story with roots in sci-fi and plenty of horror elements throughout. The pace of the game is just different because they changed the Doomguy to the Doom Slayer, so the game had to follow with that concept. But I have been playing through Doom 3 again recently, and i have to say I like the change of pace going back to that. The gameplay somehow seems more rewarding since the game is harder and more challenging. More thought has to go into each encounter, while in 2016 you can just get crazy and swap to any weapon like a mad man.
What I generally meant by more serious is that he was a normal human basically and it felt much more scarier to me . While in the last two is was something like a demigod and fun

What I generally meant by more serious is that he was a normal human basically and it felt much more scarier to me . While in the last two is was something like a demigod and fun

QW9gAOOnYDCjTNmdXyTQ1uH491E=.gif

I wouldn't say Doom 3 was harder. Quite the opposite, really. Pretty much all monsters die relatively easy, even with the most basic guns.

Doom 3 coop with LMS was amazing. Probably the best coop I've ever had. Servers used to be full of people playing D3/RoE, as well as all the old D1/D2 maps. It was glorious

Back