DOOM Closed Beta Date

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda has announced that anyone who purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order and redeemed the included beta code, will have access to the DOOM closed beta on March 31st through April 3rd. No word on an open beta date.

Players eligible for the DOOM Beta through their purchase of Wolfenstein: The New Order, your chance to play DOOM Multiplayer is coming! We will be running the Closed Beta between March 31 and April 3. To check eligibility requirements, please visit doom.com/beta. Participants will be able to try out Team Deathmatch and the recently revealed Warpath mode on two maps: Heatwave and Infernal.

You have to have purchased the boxed version? Lame... Who buys boxed software nowadays? pfff...

You have to have purchased the boxed version? Lame... Who buys boxed software nowadays? pfff...

I do. I like my shelf of cases. I still buy digital but it isn't the same. I lose track of what I have that is digital if it isn't installed on my computer.

I would of hoped for a lot more than a 4 day beta test for preordering Wolfenstein at full price....

I am not really a fan of the trend that beta testing software is a reward or perk of purchase and less of a necessary development stage. I mean on the other hand if people want to pay for it, sell it.

The local Meijer still have PC boxes with the DOOM beta codes in them. They're $25. Was the game any good? Worth $25?

Aka vagina repellant

In case you haven't noticed, being nerdy is "in".
The only time in my adult dating life(2005-2013) that my shelf of cases was "vagina repellent" was when I dating a gym rat. She thought gamers were just lazy.

If you take care of yourself, keep a clean house, and have a personality, then what's on your shelf isn't going to matter

The local Meijer still have PC boxes with the DOOM beta codes in them. They're $25. Was the game any good? Worth $25?

Wolfenstein: The New Order is one of the best FPS I’ve played in a long time. You could probably find it cheaper elsewhere but if you really want that beta code $25 isn’t a bad deal just for the game alone.

The Wolfenstein game was actually quite good and a lot of fun.
Graphically it was meh, but the gameplay and overall mechanics was quite well done.
I bought both the recent Wolfenstein games and enjoyed them a lot. Good story and just a nice old style shooter.

I was hoping that the Doom beta would be more than what is being offered based on the price of admission.

Now that is the real question, who orders games full price now?

It helps when my wife is not bothered by it.

I buy games at full retail when I find one I'm interested in. This is one of them.

My wife is also a gamer (RTS and 3rd person stuff like Resident Evil) and found my huge collection of game boxes as sexy as I found her original PC Jr. to still be working and playable.

Vagina repellent over there must simply be after one night stands, his first time, or just totally clueless. Chicks dig nerds. We make good money, we treat them well, and we are smart.

I can't wait to try it. Worried it's going to be like the division beta with barely anything in it though.

I'll probably get this for old times sake once it goes on sale at the ~$12 or below level.

To me Doom is more about nostalgia than anything else. The whole run and gun and deathmatch style of games really don't do it for me anymore now that so much better alternatives exist.

Back