Doom 4 in development hell?

I get what you're saying, but it makes me uneasy seeing Doom and CoD in the same post! The less D4 takes from modern FPS, the better. No cover, no kill streaks, no progression system, no waiting for AI companions to open doors, no regen health, no assault rifles. Just lots of demons, speed, insane weapons, giant bosses... fun!

Basically someone just needs to go replay the original Doom games and decide they need to redo that game play style (fast, tons of secrets, health and armor pickups, evil everywhere, deceptively complex level...).

Basically someone just needs to go replay the original Doom games and decide they need to redo that game play style (fast, tons of secrets, health and armor pickups, evil everywhere, deceptively complex level...).
Pretty much. I'll allow vehicles, as long as they're similarly fast and ridiculous. :D

I had a lot of fun playing doom 3 and quake 4, bring back that atmosphere and I'll play.

I miss solid single payer fps' ...

I get what you're saying, but it makes me uneasy seeing Doom and CoD in the same post! The less D4 takes from modern FPS, the better. No cover, no kill streaks, no progression system, no waiting for AI companions to open doors, no regen health, no assault rifles. Just lots of demons, speed, insane weapons, giant bosses... fun!

Agreed. They need to step back a bit. They can take the run and gun formula from the Serious Sam series, remove the humor, add sci-fi and elements from the Dead Space series, throw in a few scary as fuck japanese tentacle rape monsters, and it would turn out better than Doom 3. They also need to up the ultra-violence up to 11. I'm talking Demons skull fucking victims, flesh being peeled off with fish hooks, some serious Hellraiser shit. They have a lot to make up for, so why not bring back the controversy like they had in Doom 1 and Doom 2?

Agreed. They need to step back a bit. They can take the run and gun formula from the Serious Sam series, remove the humor, add sci-fi and elements from the Dead Space series, throw in a few scary as fuck japanese tentacle rape monsters, and it would turn out better than Doom 3. They also need to up the ultra-violence up to 11. I'm talking Demons skull fucking victims, flesh being peeled off with fish hooks, some serious Hellraiser shit. They have a lot to make up for, so why not bring back the controversy like they had in Doom 1 and Doom 2?

That sounds like a game I would buy. :D

Hell yeah! lol

They also need to rehire the composer they used from doom 1 and 2 as he came up with some creepy and very metal sounding tunes. Granted he stole a lot of riffs from Pantera, Slayer and Alice in chains... haha.

my man! holy shit, now thats a doom post!! :eek:

Hell yeah! lol

They also need to rehire the composer they used from doom 1 and 2 as he came up with some creepy and very metal sounding tunes. Granted he stole a lot of riffs from Pantera, Slayer and Alice in chains... haha.
Bobby Prince is actually doing the music for Wrack, which looks to be a pretty fun Doom clone with Borderlands-ish visuals. I plan on picking it up when it's out of early access.

http://www.wrackgame.com/

I'd really like to see a Doom meets Spore-type game with a survival horror/RTS/flight simulator twist. And perk trees.

Or, I guess, just shotguns and demons. That'll do.

I'd really like to see a Doom meets Spore-type game with a survival horror/RTS/flight simulator twist. And perk trees.

Or, I guess, just shotguns and demons. That'll do.
Doom: The Boardgame

I really regret not picking this up from the hobby shop I lived near while going to college in Orlando. It was $80 US brand new and now they're going for around $200.

Bobby Prince is actually doing the music for Wrack, which looks to be a pretty fun Doom clone with Borderlands-ish visuals. I plan on picking it up when it's out of early access.

http://www.wrackgame.com/

that looks really cool actually. It seems like they nailed the weapons/movement... it seriously looks/behaves (or appears that way) like Doom/Doom2 with some modern visual treatments. I'd love to see someone do a Doom 'mod' on that engine.

Back