Doom 3 sound issues.

For what its worth, I am running an audigy zs plat and I just started experiencing this problem tonight. I have played doom 3 in Digital output only mode for weeks with no problems, however i just changed up my speakers and reverted back. There have only been two other changes since yesterday 1.) SP2 and 2.) changed from 9800pro to 6800 ultra. Someone give it a shot with digital only, I doubt the other two reasons are connected.

xSnowmaNx said:
OK I FIXED MY PROBLEM!!! If you have problems with surround sound and you run ATITool and find that if you close it your sound cutting is gone, it is probably because you are using ATITool to monitor your temperature. When I had ATITool DISABLE the temperature readout in the system tray, my surround sound works in Doom 3. Don't ask me why this is but it fixed all my surround sound probs. After turning off the temperature monitoring my surround sound stopped cutting out and I could still run ATITool.

okay man, you are the man of the hour!

I just tried what you suggested and it cured my surround sound issue with me running Doom 3 with my Audigy 2 ZS.

much thanks! :)

same problems here with an nf7-s & audigy... lowering acceleration works but lowers quality and results in static/crackles...

can't believe so many have this problem and they aren't doing anything about it...! (not quick enough anyway!)

i've tried everything including terminating background progs...

the person that finds a solution for this will be a hero....!!!

i just built a new computer based around the audigy 2 zs:

1024MB Corsair DDR400 RAM CAS 2.5-3-3
Asus K8N-E Deluxe (NVSU 1085, nForce 510)
XFX nVidia GeForce 6800GT @ 350/1000 (Forceware 66.81)
100% Load @ 113f (Stock Cooling)
Seagate 120gb SATA-HDD
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Pioneer 8X8
Lian Li PC65b
Antec True 480 Watt PSU
Dell M992 19" Flat CRT
Windows XP Pro SP1a/ Security 2004

I right after my fresh windows install i installed everything off of the creative cd, then i went to creative's website and downloaded and installed the following patches and updates:

1. CDBD_PCApp_1_00_03.exe
2. EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50.exe
3. SBA2_WEBUP_DTSCON_1_00_06.exe
4. SBA2_WEBUP_EAXC_031230.exe
5. SBA2_WEBUP_THXCON_1_00_16.exe

then i fired up doom and played for a while. no audio problems whatsoever with default sound configurations for my audigy.

My problem was around before I installed ATI tool, and remained after I disabled it.

SBA2_BETADRV_US_2_05_0000.exe

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series Beta driver with OpenAL support
SBA2-BETAD-1-US

This beta driver adds full support of the OpenAL interface for Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio devices.

Added Features or Enhancements:

Provides full OpenAL / EAX ADVANCED HD support when used with the DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch.
Includes EAX 4.0 support for the new DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil™ expansion pack.
Improves performance of all OpenAL game titles, including Battlefield 2™.
Requirements:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio device.
Notes:

THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. We recommend that only experienced users install this driver.
Make sure you uninstall your existing Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS driver before installing this beta driver.
Do not install this driver for an external USB Sound Blaster audio device.
Some Creative applications such as Surround Mixer, THX Console, and Creative MediaSource™ may not work properly with this beta driver.
Refer to Readme file for more information.

Try this and it will work fine but it is beta so beware ;)

that driver won't fix anything until the doom 3 patch is installed...and that patch hasn't been released yet.

Provides full OpenAL / EAX ADVANCED HD support when used with the DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch

jester1176 said:
that driver won't fix anything until the doom 3 patch is installed...and that patch hasn't been released yet.

actually the unoficial version is out if you don't mind beta ;)

Well, I have a question related to sound in Doom 3.
My disks wouldn't work, so I got a crack for the game, and now sound does absolutely nothing! I have a SoundBlaster Live! sound card, so maybe it is the card being to old?
Please help!

DOom 3 < a glass of water or watching paint dry. Biggest waste of 80 bucks i ever made except for the bag of Oregano once 2 years ago.

lol, and i assume you were supposed to buy... something else?

got Doom 3 to work w/ sound now
turns out my drivers werent updated :D

Back