dont know if it hot but definately cool green laser pointer $100

Backordered - Expected 08/26/05

still cool though. i'm gonna have to wait a little longer for that price drop.

These things are definately badass, my high school AP Physics teacher had one, made for lots of fun when doing optics tests, and when we did astronomy nights.

Or you can use it to destroy retinas...your choice really. ;)

These have been out for a while, They are all over E-bay for as cheap as $50. These laser will definatly cause permenant damage to the eyes so be very careful with them. they are cool as hell sense you can actually see the laser beam in alot of situations. But again you have to be very careful with them, shine one at a window it could bounce back into your eyes and then your screwed. These are not Toys like the red laser pointers!

Is this the same model as the think geek model?

Some of these green lasers are better than others.

good Lord. does someone wanna tell me why this thing cost so much?

heck, I can remember buying the regular, red laser pointers for like $3 at my local flea market. :p

what's so special about green laser pointers except the colour? they're more naturally more powerful than red?

perplex said:
what's so special about green laser pointers except the colour? they're more naturally more powerful than red?

the beam is visible in low light
no fog needed

Can you really blind people? Cause I looked into one of the red ones and nothing happened. The label lied. :mad:

Tiny said:
Can you really blind people? Cause I looked into one of the red ones and nothing happened. The label lied. :mad:

take a more powerful green laser and try the same thing, let us know what happens

see these laser pointers suck... what good are they???

http://www.laserglow.com/handheld.html

NOW THATS A MANS LASER POINTER

You can cut thigns with it...

allpointbig.jpg

I mena come on only a mans laser pointer cna burn some ones retina out or light the hair on fire on some girl you dont like and NEEDS A KEY TO TURN IT ON!!!

Case said:
see these laser pointers suck... what good are they???

http://www.laserglow.com/handheld.html

NOW THATS A MANS LASER POINTER

You can cut thigns with it...

I mena come on only a mans laser pointer cna burn some ones retina out or light the hair on fire on some girl you dont like and NEEDS A KEY TO TURN IT ON!!!
Oh god I must buy one now.

edit: upon reading the price list, maybe not. Good price for what it is, I suppose, but I don't have that kind of money for a laser pointer.

My brother got one on ebay about a month ago.. around $80 I think... He turned it up to about 40 mw... you can see the dot from in around noon... we went out on some country road at night, got about 2 and a half miles apart and you could see the beam go right by you.... they are cool :cool:

perplex said:

There isn't a direct way to make green lasers, right now they're doing some monkeying with frequency doublers and backwards engineering. Red is easy, just pop in a red laser diode.

WOAH!! sign me up for one of those blue lasers! w00t!

allpointbig.jpg

edit: Those blue guys start @ $1000 USD ouch!

I hear this is the guy to buy green lasers from, www.abeland1.com, I just ordered one yesterday.
If you're cool he'll sometimes bump you up to a 10mw laser! You have to be a member of candlepowerforums.com.

wow what a great example of stuff i shouldnt be allowed to have

i had a laser at school back in 6th grade before they were banned.

ryanrule said:
wow what a great example of stuff i shouldnt be allowed to have

i had a laser at school back in 6th grade before they were banned.

Ditto.

oh man, as soon as i have the money i'm getting one of these high power ones (not the ones that vut, the ones that go over 4 miles) and hooking it up to a potato gun. that'll be awsome

Everfalling said:
oh man, as soon as i have the money i'm getting one of these high power ones (not the ones that vut, the ones that go over 4 miles) and hooking it up to a potato gun. that'll be awsome

Nice

too bad potato guns aren't really that accurate. Maybe hook it up to a high powered rifle, for some sniping action. :)

I'm going to use it to go hunting with (except with no gun).... I'll just point it in to the eyes of the prey... blind it.... and then club it to death. j/k! :eek:

Or you could try sawing through it like the one in the video cutting the tape...that's amazing that you can actually buy those things without some type of industrial license. Although, I don't think anybody will just drop a grand for an hour's worth of shits and giggles.

Just think, new x2 CPU + 7800GTX, or an insanely powerful green laser that can cut tape and stuff. Wish I was in the position to even have to worry about making that decision.

They said that the one cutting tape was ~50mW. They have 50mW greens for $229, that's not all that expensive really.

a 3A laser is a 3A laser, no matter the wave length color. The red ones are just as "danagerous" has the green ones. If safety is a concern checkout the ANSI standards for Lasers. Personally the green lasers drive me nuts.

Kueller said:
They said that the one cutting tape was ~50mW. They have 50mW greens for $229, that's not all that expensive really.

Wish I had $2K to spend on the GHL-250 250+ mw! Pyro time!!

3Bar_Mopar said:
Wish I had $2K to spend on the GHL-250 250+ mw! Pyro time!!

That could be an arsenist's weapon... sit on a hill top a mile away and put it on a tripod pointed at a pile of leaves on a roof (or other flamable material on/near a house).

I always think of the worse things to do with things! Luckily I don't actually do them. I've got lots of "good" ideas that could be really bad.

carloboy said:
cool but not hot ;) :p

I wouldnt spend $100 for a laser

I got my Leadlight GPL110 off ebay from Atlasnova (Arnold Beland) for $39. I plan on cranking the pots when it comes in.. as well as shorting the resistors. Word has it that he gave specifications to leadlight for the laser pointers he orders.. with better components.

magnetik said:
I got my Leadlight GPL110 off ebay from Atlasnova (Arnold Beland) for $39. I plan on cranking the pots when it comes in.. as well as shorting the resistors. Word has it that he gave specifications to leadlight for the laser pointers he orders.. with better components.
how easy are they to mod?

CreamySoupUSA said:
I hear this is the guy to buy green lasers from, www.abeland1.com, I just ordered one yesterday.
If you're cool he'll sometimes bump you up to a 10mw laser! You have to be a member of candlepowerforums.com.

I second this. This is where I got mine. He will send out a laser that's at least 7mW usually.

chrisf6969 said:
I'm going to use it to go hunting with (except with no gun).... I'll just point it in to the eyes of the prey... blind it.... and then club it to death. j/k! :eek:
rofl!
:p

v3rt1g0 said:
I second this. This is where I got mine. He will send out a laser that's at least 7mW usually.

He is the same guy I got mine from Atlasnova.com, Abeland1.com, Arnold Beland, same guy. He has some 110's on ebay for $39 or so.

Back