WHY would anyone make a purchase decision based on Dolby Digital encoding ability?
Don't people here already know that Dolby Digital is a compression format that with decreased surround channel frequency response as one of it's benefits?
Think about it: I just dont get why anyone would want to encode full range audio into a compressed format to have it decoded again in a different device. So what if your stereo has a 'better decoder' it still got encoded from analog in the first place.
Unless your creating your own DVD movies with AC3 sound...a Dolby encoder on a sound card just sounds STUPID (I measn really...it does SOUND stupid)
Don't people here already know that Dolby Digital is a compression format that with decreased surround channel frequency response as one of it's benefits?
Think about it: I just dont get why anyone would want to encode full range audio into a compressed format to have it decoded again in a different device. So what if your stereo has a 'better decoder' it still got encoded from analog in the first place.
Unless your creating your own DVD movies with AC3 sound...a Dolby encoder on a sound card just sounds STUPID (I measn really...it does SOUND stupid)