• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dolby Digital Live?

Atif

Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
637
Hello Everybody,

I've read mixed statements from people regarding this CMI8768+ sound card and I just wanted to know if anybody who owns one can confirm/deny whether or not it really has 7.1 Dolby Digital Live support (I know the product description says so, but some have said the drivers only report 2 channel Dolby Digital Live on a similar OEM card)

Dolby Digital Live? Soundcard

Thanks
 
If you want a DDL card I'd get the Sound Blaster live or the Mystique X-plosion(its got DTS live)
 
Sound Blaster Live! definitely doesn't have Dolby Digital Live according to multiple sources. The Mystique X-Plosion has it, however, the cost is somewhat steep :(

Peace
 
Atif said:
Sound Blaster Live! definitely doesn't have Dolby Digital Live according to multiple sources. The Mystique X-Plosion has it, however, the cost is somewhat steep :(

Peace


OH I thought the Sound Blaster live had DDL oh well
 
Dolby digital live can encode 2 channel and up to 7.1 audio into 5.1 dolby digital.
 
if you want DDL there are only 3 or 4 options available

the X-Mystique (you can get for ~ 80$)
the X-Plosion (~120$)
the Turtle Beach Montego DDL (~80$)
Nvidia Soundstorm (Built into Motherboard)

be careful not to just go off of the Chipset identifier on a soundcard, There was a lot of confusion over that when teh X-Mystique came out..

if you keep your eyes open you can get the Mystique for about 65$..
 
Back
Top