Dolby Digital Live sound in motherboards

mat9v

Weaksauce
Hi to all :)

My first post here.
I'm trying to find some AMD motherdoard with "better" sound solution than ALC850 :)
Like ALC880D (that little "D" is most important - it's DDL) or CMI8768+ (again that "+" to look for). So far I have only found boards for Intel (Abit AA8 Fatality) with ALC880D chip. Can anybody help me with that search? (tried Google for many hours so please please don't tell me to look more :) )

kirbyrj said:
What about the MSI Neo4 Plat SLI with the onboard SB chip?

It is the Soundblaster Live on the MSI board (being replaced by a better SNR but basically the same chip called the Audigy SE) on their new 2X16 lane SLI board.

Right now, no AMD mb's for A64's have DD Live capable chips. Even the new X-Fi doesn't do it. The Blue Gears HDA Mystique sound does but if your in the market for a soundcard, you might want to wait until January as Blue Gears is coming out with a card that does DD live and the same thing for DTS.

Great!
I knew about Mystique but hoped to find that chip on some board :(
Do You mean that the new version will encode a sound from, for example, a game to DTS?
That would be great since DTS offers better quality (higher bitrate as far as I know).
My greatest problem lies in other area :( I live in Poland and it's simply impossible to buy Mystique here.... or any other better sound solution for that matter (excluding Sound Blaster family but that's useless for me). I found a shop that would send the card here but shipping costs are astronomical (around 50$) and there are always problems with RMA. Then I don't have a credit card so paying is also problematic... that's a Life on Fringes of Civilisation :)
Eh....

Back