• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DOesn't post.. but seems to work fine

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
11,033
Hello,

I was building a system for someone, the mobo wouldn't post, and i would get black screens.. so i RMAed the board. I just got another board, and it doesn't make the post beep, but it seems to boot up with out a problem.. I'm running memory tests.. so far no problems.. and i ran Prime for about 2 hours.. what do you guys think i should do?
 
Stupid question but do you have the speaker for the system hooked up correct?
 
on.. its' not a stupid question lol.. but yes.. first the speaker is on the board. so you don't have to connect anything. plus.. it seems to beep sometimes.. and othertimes it doesn't.. on boot up i also see a PST code 75.. the motherboard doesn't have anything on post codes, and the website doesn't have anything on POST codes.. i think its' pretty stupid that they don't tell you what all the POST codes mean..... just to make sure im' gonna take a look at the speaker again
 
it's weird.. sometimes it beeps.. and other times it doens't

but it always seems to boot into windows OK..

anyone??
 
Could another component be causing this?? i've tried unplugging different things.. so i don't know...
 
You tried flashing the BIOS? Who knows, maybe that is an issue.
 
no i haven't.. just installed this mobo... i sent an e-mail to chaintech about what's going on.. but i'm gonna check if they have any BIOS updates or anything.. and if so.. i'll flash it
 
actually.. it seems like i already have the lastest BIOS version... i have to make sure though.. and i don't think i'll be doing hta tonight.. i've had a long long long day... so i guess i'll post up results tomorrow.... but in the meantime.. if anyone else has anyh suggestions, or has experienced this on this mobo.. let me in on your experience.
 
My board does the same thing. It's an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, and it doesn't beep when I start it up. It did when I first hooked it up, but I don't think it has since then.

I thought maybe my system speaker was shot. I'm pretty sure it isn't, though, because when I use Windows' accessibility hotkeys, the beep sounds like it's coming from the case.

ASUS Post Reporter doesn't seem to work, either. I was getting kind of excited expecting my computer to say "Now booting from operating system," but no go.

Everything else seems to work, though. I haven't had any problems performance-wise with it. It's probably not an issue.
 
If everything is in the case, the case is closed, and you have some fans and other background noise going, you may not be able to hear the speaker even though it is making noise. I have had this happen many times. I would think everything is quiet enough to hear the POST beep and in reality it was actually too noisy. Taking the side off the case and listening would allow me to hear the beep then.

If everything seems to be working okay and no other "problems" have popped up, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you do have an "external" speaker hooked up you may want to check the wires on the connector to the motherboard and to the speaker to make sure every connection is good.

If you don't have an "external" speaker hooked up, you could just have a bad speaker. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. I haven't actually run into this before, but it's a possibility.
 
THanks for the replies.. yeah i'm probablly gonna stick with it.. cause likei said.. everything seems to run perfect.. i've memtested it, i've primed it for about 5 hours.. and it works great.. I'm gonna try listening closer for a beep. but, whatever.. seeems to work fine.. i'll post if anything.. thanks for the replies
 
CellBlock said:
My board does the same thing. It's an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, and it doesn't beep when I start it up. It did when I first hooked it up, but I don't think it has since then.

I thought maybe my system speaker was shot. I'm pretty sure it isn't, though, because when I use Windows' accessibility hotkeys, the beep sounds like it's coming from the case.

ASUS Post Reporter doesn't seem to work, either. I was getting kind of excited expecting my computer to say "Now booting from operating system," but no go.

Everything else seems to work, though. I haven't had any problems performance-wise with it. It's probably not an issue.

I have a same problem here, what it can be? a defect in the board:( , my board is ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe.
 
Back
Top