Does TRIM now work with SSDs in RAID 0?

Vithar

Limp Gawd
I read a little while back the the Kingson HyperX 3k supports TRIM in raid 0 but never verified it, I just wanna know does it support TRIM in Raid 0, and do any other SSDs support TRIM in Raid 0?

It should with the latest drivers. I know with mine, Asus is using the Enterprise level drivers, which trim does not work with.

It has nothing to do with the SSD (as long as it has trim), everything to do with the Intel drivers.

It actually works on the P67s too if you can get the latest Option ROM flashed. The Z77 OROM flash works on the P67s... thus allowing TRIM in R0. Gotta find a custom BIOS though. Many have done it successfully.

Asus is using the Enterprise level drivers, which trim does not work with

I checked my ssd's settings and TRIM is enabled, so I'm not really sure what you mean by TRIM not working with Asus. Also according to ROG Asus supports TRIM.

It actually works on the P67s too if you can get the latest Option ROM flashed. The Z77 OROM flash works on the P67s... thus allowing TRIM in R0. Gotta find a custom BIOS though. Many have done it successfully.

Is that for ASUS boards only? I'd love to get TRIM working on my MSI P67 mobo, not too worried about it since I was just planning on getting a second 128GB and simply using it as a discrete game drive, but getting 'em on RAID0 w/TRIM would be sweet.

The 11.x OROM's for Z77 provide backward compatibility for earlier series chipsets but not RAID0 trim support for them, at least none that I have seen.

EDIT: After some digging P67 RAID0 trim

Last edited:
Back