Does this exist?

Sorry I did not intend to sound so harsh lol. :D
Of course the current price is a problem, it is for me as well... and that's the best reason not to buy something so what can we do? ^^

EDIT: too bad you don't want a 1080p though, a good VA like the Iiyama xb2783hsu-b1 would solve your problem. It's not 'prosumer' level, but still damn capable.

I might order one and see if the 1080p at 27" bothers me or not, I am used to 1680x1050 at 20" so it would definitely be worse than that but might not be as bad as I think and has good specs for the money, other than the fact it is only 1080p 27". I was looking at the Asus VN279Q 27", that's the best one out of the 1080p VA screens isn't it? Might try one of those first and if its no good get one of the LG IPS.

The Iiyama is actually a little better than the Asus in several areas (i.e backlight, colors, dimming, overdrive).

I might order one and see if the 1080p at 27" bothers me or not, I am used to 1680x1050 at 20" so it would definitely be worse than that but might not be as bad as I think and has good specs for the money, other than the fact it is only 1080p 27". I was looking at the Asus VN279Q 27", that's the best one out of the 1080p VA screens isn't it? Might try one of those first and if its no good get one of the LG IPS.

That would probably be the best course of action provided you can't make a decision about a 1440p display. Richard's also correct about the iiyama XB2783HSU, which is currently only available in Europe, so you're in luck there.

The Asus is still quite good if it's available; as NCX said.

The 2014 edition of the PB278Q/PB278QR will also be fine coming from the NEC since reviews indicate that it has significantly less accurate colour presets than most newer monitors. The Crossover 2730MD/2720MDP is/are the only multi-input glossy 1440p monitors with proper brightness controls, but have a frame of input lag.

And like I said, just about any monitor is glow-free if you sit 90 cm away.

How far away are you sitting? The LG glows less than any other panel I've used @ 33cm (in a well-lit room), but nearly all IPS/PLS/AHVA monitors are glow free if you sit at least 90cm away (also in a well-lit room).

The LG 27MB85R will always be king, but you still have plenty of viable options available to you as we've said.

-----------------------------------------------

Playerwares is one of the most in depth review sites and Nikyo has proven himself to be one of [H]ard Forums only members with deep pockets, knowledge and high standards.

Senpai noticed me!

Unfortunately I have high standards but not particularly deep pockets lol, annoying how even after all this time IPS has been about there is still not a low input lag, low glow 1440p etc. IPS at a reasonable price, other than the LG, which would need importing to UK.

Looks like the best would be AOC or the LG, I don't know why there are not any other reviews of the new Asus QR screen, not saying that there is anything wrong with the review I read, but maybe he got a bad screen? That sounds a bit crap how activating the "user" profile completely ruins the screen! Could have been faulty? Also a bit odd how it scores 800:1 contrast when the other screens using the same panel get around 1000:1. :S

Last edited:
Are there any new screens coming out in the next 3-6 months which are worth waiting for? I have looked on TFT central etc. and I cannot see anything particularly interesting, looking at the Dell 2715 the IPS glow on that looks insane! So I think a PLS would be better probably, or the new LG.

Does anyone have the new Asus QR model and a colorimeter? What contrast ratio do you measure on it? The review of it on "wecravegamestoo" makes me think he might have got a dodgy panel or something, Also looking at other monitors which use the same panel are getting 1000:1+ contrast whereas that screen got a measly 780:1 contrast.

Remember we mentioned AUO have a 144Hz AHVA (IPS) panel in preparation ?
Browse the news on tftcentral.

And stop thinking PLS are any different from IPS: they're 99% identical panel technologies.
Originally Samsung developed PLS as a more cost-effective IPS.

Remember we mentioned AUO have a 144Hz AHVA (IPS) panel in preparation ?
Browse the news on tftcentral.

And stop thinking PLS are any different from IPS: they're 99% identical panel technologies.
Originally Samsung developed PLS as a more cost-effective IPS.

Yeh I noticed that but then looking at the current price of 144hz TN panels I do not have much hope of getting a 144hz branded IPS screen (with / without gsync/freesync) for less than about £600. The ROG swift for example, TN panel but 1440p 144hz Gsync and costs about £600. I used the Eizo foris and 120hz is better, but 60hz Vsync is pretty good anyway, more interested in best image quality than 120hz although it is better than 60hz.

Do you know if the "QNIX QX2710 SUPER QHD" is the same as the QX2710 which was reviewed on wecravegames? Not sure what the virtual 4k bs is about, or if it makes anything worse eg. higher input lag etc.

Either that or I might get the Asus QR just for the low input lag and warranty, even though it has worse image quality than the other screens :/

Last edited:
Back