Does this exist-- A batch document/image to single PDF file conversion?

octoberasian

2[H]4U
Ok, here's the dilemma: I have various images that are named such as 001.JPG all the way up to the last number which can be something like 250.JPG.

Is there a way to take all that and combine into a single PDF file as an automated batch process or something similar and that each image is its own page?

The same goes with various text documents in either DOC or TXT format.

I have Acrobat XI, but doesn't look like it has that feature (that I can see), and have Foxit but haven't delved too deeply into yet.

Thank you for replying.

I want to say you can do this with ABBYY PDF transformer but I dislike that company so much I don't suggest it.

I would suggest just learning a scripting language such as perl and running a script to do it. Just loop through each file in a directory open it, append it to the pdf. You might have to figure out a way to stream the pdf file. It'll likely end up pretty massive pretty fast, considering your're essentially keeping hundreds of images in memory. Depending on your RAM (and maybe interpreter restraints) it might or might not be a problem.

Doing this for manga by any chance? >.>

If you want these files in order one other thing to consider is that sometimes the sorting order can be counter-intuitive...

Last edited:
The "Lucca" redirect script this website uses is giving me a cookie issue, so ended up finding PDF Forge and PDF Creator, both free after searching on Google. PDF Forge has an image-to-PDF software that I will try.
Doing this for manga by any chance? >.>
That and light novel plus artbooks. I also have other artbooks that are hardback and I plan on scanning them per page so i don't damage the book if I want to look at the pictures. A lot of the manga and light novels are "scanlated" and saved as either BMP, PNG, or JPG files numbered in various ways, and some aren't even in order. I could go into Acrobat XI and do Import for the images, but then I'd have to fix the images in order and that would take a long time. I was hoping that if I rename the files in a certain and correct order, all I'd have to do is drag, drop, and import and let the software spit out a PDF file for me.

Acrobat has a combine files into PDF <.< feature
Though I've noticed that picture quality in PDFs tends to be a bit lacking.
x3CRAWL.png

Back