• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Does this budget PSU look ok?

Slider19

Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2002
Messages
903
Fortron 300W PSU

It will be used to power a Sempron 2600+ with 512MB PC3200 RAM on a S754 Epox 8KDA force3 board. Also a 40GB 7200RPM Samsung HDD, ATI Radeon 7500 64MB 4x AGP VC, and two optical drives. And 1 case fan most likely.

Obviously this is an ultra-budget computer for office work. Would this PSU be good enough to run all of the above? I'd rather be safe than sorry with the PSU, so I can spend a little more on the PSU. I'm still under budget.
 
Slider19 said:
Fortron 300W PSU

It will be used to power a Sempron 2600+ with 512MB PC3200 RAM on a S754 Epox 8KDA force3 board. Also a 40GB 7200RPM Samsung HDD, ATI Radeon 7500 64MB 4x AGP VC, and two optical drives. And 1 case fan most likely.

Obviously this is an ultra-budget computer for office work. Would this PSU be good enough to run all of the above? I'd rather be safe than sorry with the PSU, so I can spend a little more on the PSU. I'm still under budget.

that would work fine.. if your on a budget.. it's also 300watt and made by PC P&C. It's only $19.99

http://www.directron.com/turbocool300.html
 
It'll work fine. I ran the machine in my sig off a 250 watt Fortron. Although, I have since replaced it with a 420watt TTGI.
 
AMS 350W @ $23

I have this unit in my parents computer, and it's powering nforce2 with a 2400+ mobile chip, 512ram, ATI 9600, 3 fans, cd burner, two hdd's and a tv tuner card,

I have no instabilities and the multimeter says it's all in spec.
 
Spectre said:

Haha.. All these threads end up the same way. Everyone has their favorite brands. :)

I can always expect nas to come in with the AMS and Spectre to come in with the Superflower. Now I'm just waiting for BossKaboodle, or whatever his name is, to come in and crap on Thermaltake even though nobody brings up the name! :D

For a socket A with a Radeon, that FSP is more than enough. ;)
 
jonnyGURU said:
Haha.. All these threads end up the same way. Everyone has their favorite brands. :)

:p


For a socket A with a Radeon, that FSP is more than enough. ;)

Socket 754 I believe not that it makes a huge difference.
 
8KDA, not 8RDA. Oops. Sorry.

What happened to using a "7" in the part number for Socket A and an "8" for A64. ;)
 
Nakamori said:
is super-flower a subsidiary of fotron? their PSU's look a lot alike.

Nope. Superflower is Fore-Point, though. ;)
 
Back
Top