Does the currnet PS3...

Seconded on monoprice. Got the HDMI cable and a HDMI/DVI adaptor for $12. Screw best buy and their $90 cables.

HDMI cables are all the same, they have to adhere to the same rules, so drop the least amount of bucks on a monoprice cable instead of the overpriced (anywhere else) cable.

Try not to laugh. The PS3 (the big dog high-def console) comes with composite video cables. Yeah, that 240 lines of resolution (on a good day) composite cable. Oh, that's right, it's made by Sony.

I did get a set of open "box" component cables for it from worst buy for $14 though (which was nice because I wanted them RIGHT THEN because I trusted Sony to not gimp my $500 console with a fifty cent cable).

ya, when my roommate bought his ps3, and i found out it only came with the standard composite cables i about died...how the HELL do you market that thing as a blue-ray player and hype up its high-def capability and not even throw in some component cables? im actually kind of surprised the ps3 isnt only compatible with some proprietary form of hdmi cable (hdmi cord pro duo or some nonsense theyd come up with). if that was the case id know exactly why it wasnt included in the box....hoorah for $ony!

Try not to laugh. The PS3 (the big dog high-def console) comes with composite video cables. Yeah, that 240 lines of resolution (on a good day) composite cable. Oh, that's right, it's made by Sony.

I did get a set of open "box" component cables for it from worst buy for $14 though (which was nice because I wanted them RIGHT THEN because I trusted Sony to not gimp my $500 console with a fifty cent cable).

Comes with composite cables I guess because every television ever made has composite inputs... not every television comes with component or HDMI inputs.

Yea, I know, seems ridiculous, but you'd be amazed at the amount of people that probably hook the console up to a 19" inch tv with the red / yellow / white cables.

Does the PS3 have DVI out? I have DVI -> HDMI cables. I'm lazy about ordering stuff online.

On the plus side, you can use PS2 component cables with the PS3. Very handy, as I had a couple sets lying around.

yhow the HELL do you market that thing as a blue-ray player and hype up its high-def capability and not even throw in some component cables?

Have you ever seen a player come with "the good cables"? I mean, even some top of the line high end progressive scan DVD player comes with... composite cables. Typically, these types of things come with the lowest quality cables to get the job done. If they didn't, companies like Monster wouldn't be in the consumer market.

I would be very shocked if any of the blu-ray players actually came with HDMI cables.

This one comes with composite cables. So does this one , this one and this one.

Yeah none of the Blu-Ray players I know of (even the Pioneer Elite) comes with anything better than composite cables.

I believe it would waste money if Sony tossed in composite, component, optical, and HDMI cables when the consumer is going to only use one or two of them. But my LCD did come with every video cable imaginable. Even if Sony included component cables, I wouldn't be using them thus waste of money. What I don't like is the proprietory A/V multi out, you don't see that on dvd players. I do love and use HDMI cables though. My PS3 goes back and forth between my Benq 24''/Z-5500 and a 60'' SXRD w/ HT setup. Both using HDMI for video and SPDIF for audio.

Well mine did come with component cables. I got an HDMI from Fry's when I bought it for $6. Not bad for 10'. That just happened to be a random sale though, normally 10' HDMI would be like $20 at the cheapest. monoprice.com does way better than non-sale stuff, and better than sale items for 99% of stores.

Ya i got 5 10' hdmi cables for 6 bucks each at frys. Just in case i got anything else that was hdmi. Going all that way for one cable would be ridiculous. But sometimes we go and dont even buy anything! I hate stinge parents.

All consoles are like this. They aren't going to include more than 1 cable and they need to meet the lowest common denominator. Spending $6 on a hdmi cable isn't a big deal.

All consoles are like this. They aren't going to include more than 1 cable and they need to meet the lowest common denominator. Spending $6 on a hdmi cable isn't a big deal.

Actually, surprisingly, MS includes just about everything with the 360 premium (that includes component cables and a headset, among other things...correct me if I'm wrong). As cheap as they are in every other area (proprietary HDD enclosures and formatting, proprietary Vision cam, proprietary blablablabla), they've actually went all out here.

Actually, surprisingly, MS includes just about everything with the 360 premium (that includes component cables and a headset, among other things...correct me if I'm wrong). As cheap as they are in every other area (proprietary HDD enclosures and formatting, proprietary Vision cam, proprietary blablablabla), they've actually went all out here.

Well you are sort of right. The elite does come with an hdmi. Premium looks to be only component (significantly better than composite).

They don't include an optical cable, at least on my older 360. If you're using the stereo jacks on anything but TV speakers, I feel for you.

Well you are sort of right. The elite does come with an hdmi. Premium looks to be only component (significantly better than composite).

Well Premium doens't have HDMI, or atleast not at first. So I guess they just continued on that. But its still HD capable cables instead of something non HD. I get what you're saying, but After sony going on about HD, you'd think they'd include it in there.

Comes with composite cables I guess because every television ever made has composite inputs... not every television comes with component or HDMI inputs.

Yea, I know, seems ridiculous, but you'd be amazed at the amount of people that probably hook the console up to a 19" inch tv with the red / yellow / white cables.

I actually own a 27" CRT TV that only takes coaxial, how sad is that? (Its not our main tv i just keep it in my room to watch the Daily Show sometimes)

Back in the days when the Saturn had just come out I had a CRAZY daisy chain of coaxial adapters. I had the NES, Genesis, Sega CD, SNES, Jaguar (yes...I know), and I finally got a new TV when the Saturn came out. The area behind my little 19" TV had a 12-foot string of cable.
Actually thinking back, I had about 5 or 6 composite splitters for my second TV, too. Back then you just didn't have many options for hooking up several systems to the same TV.

Back