Does MS still send a box for RRoD 360's?

Viper87227

Fully [H]
My beloved launch 360 finally croaked last week. I went through all the BS on the phone, and they set me up with an RMA number and emailed me a label. Last time I had to send them a 360, they sent a box with a label in it. I don't recall them telling me this time they would send a box.

Anyone else send one in recently? Should I be waiting for their box?

You can ask for a box, but to the best of my knowledge they no longer send one by default.

They don't send a box anymore? MS trying to save a few pennies from all the RROD units they have to replace :rolleyes:

They didn't send a box for mine. Just an address label.

I hope they fix it properly this time. :mad:

I have an elite I sent off this week, I was sent a box for it? I also called customer support by telephone.

Maybe, when mine died it was still in the 1 yr full warranty, and they sent a box.

If they just send a sticker just slap it on the xbox and drop it in the mail, your not gonna get the same one back anyways haha

they always send a box.. even on the phone. a faternity brother of mine just got a box overnighted to our house about 3 days ago.. and i was the one who did the phone call.

i would use internet, but until the new connections we are getting are in, its piss poor connection ( <100kbps)

they always send a box.. even on the phone. a faternity brother of mine just got a box overnighted to our house about 3 days ago.. and i was the one who did the phone call.

i would use internet, but until the new connections we are getting are in, its piss poor connection ( <100kbps)

No, they don't always send a box. :rolleyes:

there are a couple plusses for both parties by not sending a box

For Microsoft, it's obvious they save the shipping cost (of the empty box) to you.

For the user, you can (in theory) send it off immediately without having to wait for the box to arrive UPS ground... thus saving total time.

Mine fell under the RRoD warrenty and they sent a box, that was the beginning of the year though

I sent mine back in June and I received a box, it was 2yrs old and I did the request online.

I called on the phone a few weeks ago and they sent me a label...no box...freaking lame...

Back