• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do you remember your first graphics card?

Diamond Monster 3d (Voodoo 1)
then
Quantum 3d Raven (Voodoo Banshee)
 
Mine was a Trident...don't remember the specific model but it was on a 486 DX2-66. That was such a sweet machine...still wish I had it lol.
 
ati 9000. 100 bucks from best buy. and it still didnt run cs smooth cuz my 500mhz p3 was limiting it i soppose.
 
voodoo 3. I still had it up until when I moved like 4 months ago. :p. I traded my n64 and all my games and my playstation 1 and all its games for trade in credit at EB back in the day so I got it for free after trade ins. This is before it was EB games, it was just electronic boutique.
 
The first one I bought was a 9800 Pro 128MB ... amazing card

I had a Vodoo 5500 64MB on my old P3 800mhz (my father bought that one) ... huge card (has 2 chips)
 
Voodoo 3 3000. You weren't cool (in the geek crowd in HS) unless you rocked one
 
My first was a Geforce 3 ti300

After that was a Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro

Now is a integrated Radeon 3200 :(

Very soon will some a Radeon 4870 :D
 
heh

First video card I ever had was in the first family PC my parents bought way back in the day. Don't remember the brand or model of the card itself, if it even had one. It was probably just some generic thing. It was a VGA card with 1mb video memory. BUT! It had three extra slots on the card to push in extra 1mb memory chips! Find that feature on any of today's gfx cards, I dare ya!! (granted.. the extra chips had to be ordered special and cost FAR more than just ordering a card with more memory)

For comparison, the comupter this card lived in was a 286 with 4 mb of ram, and a 40mb HDD. It had windows 2 on it, but we never used it cause DOS was just plain easier. Back then I could have upwards of 20-30 awesome games on a single 5.25" floppy disk! Course.. back then "graphics" meant ASCII, lol.
 
I would consider my 8MB Voodoo 2 my first true graphics card purchase. That card was absolutely amazing, I still remember the first time I used it, and switched Quake II from software to hardware 3d. It was unreal. Those cards were strictly 3d, you needed a second video card in your system to do 2d graphics.
 
First graphics card bought in 2002 was a Radeon 9700.

I am still using it to play COD4 at medium settings at 1024x768 on my 32" Westy.

Well spent $400.
 
I remember my VooDoo2 12mb. I had the "cool" S3 gaming card as well, with a special quake patch just for the S3. After that, went down the TNT, TNT2, TNT3, geforce, geforce2, ti4200, 9700 pro, 6600, 8600, 8800, 9800gx2, 4870.

The thing I remember most though was the wow factor when tossing in the voodoo2 vs software rendering.
 
First graphics card bought in 2002 was a Radeon 9700.

I am still using it to play COD4 at medium settings at 1024x768 on my 32" Westy.

Well spent $400.

With that said, pretty crazy in 7 years how much has changed...
 
Mine was an S3-based Diamond stealth that I got for a P133.
I believe I later upgraded to a Matrox Millennia and added the Orchid 3dfx card with that same machine.
 
First videocard? No. But then again you didn't really pay attention to what brand your videocard was back in your old 8088 seeing as how it was CGA and could only do 16 colors.

First 3D decelerator? Rendition Verite.

First 3D accelerator? 3dfx Banshee
 
The first video card I bought to improve game performance (2D for Doom 2 multiplayer on DWANGO): Number Nine 9FX Motion 531 (2MB of video ram and VESA Local Bus baby!)

First 3D accelerator (err yeah): Diamond Stealth3D 2000 (S3 Virge 3D)

First real 3D Accelerator: Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo

I had bought the Monster 3D at Best Buy one week, then a FedEx package arrived on my doorstep with the same card. I was one of six people to win it in an Activision Hexen 2 online contest. Still probably the best thing I've ever won, if not most expensive. Especially at a grocery bagger salary at the time.
 
I do not remember all of the video capabilities of the first few machines that I had, but the first video card that I bought to replace what was already in one of them was a Matrox Mystique.
 
The first computer I put together myself had a 9500Pro. I still think of it as one of the best mid-range cards ever made. I have such fond memories of it, paired with a OC'd Athlon XP 2200+ at 2GHz.
 
9700 Pro that I OC'd to 9800 Pro speeds. Loved that card, I have had nVidia since and I have not been very impressed with them. This of course is on my first personal rig not family rigs.
 
Diamond Monster 3d Voodoo 1
then I jumped to a Radeon 8500 and my wallet has not been the same since
 
Wasn't that long ago for me.

NVIDIA EVGA 7800GS AGP8x.
 
Ya, I also had a bunch of voodoos in family rigs, I'm pretty sure I had all 5 lines of the voodoo cards. Damn I miss 3dfx.....
 
Voodoo. Wow'ed the hell out of me playing Lara Croft and NHL... happy days ;)
 
~1998: ATI Rage
2003 Dell: Geforce 4 MX420 (upgraded to X800XL in 05')

I still have the Geforce laying around; it's funny to compare it to the 295 that I'm running currently.
 
The first card I installed in into a PC myself was a 5700 Ultra (shoulda got a 9800 Pro :p)
The first card I built with a PC from ground up was a 6600gt.
 
2MB Matrox Mystique, bought it for Quake however needed to upgrade to a VooDoo 1 to really make it work.

Quakes no problem now :)
 
Voodoo 2, a friend kindly gave me it when they upgraded to their Voodoo 3

I'd just built my very first PC and was loving it, I was probably about 13 at the time :)
 
First graphics card - an ATI Graphics Ultra Pro VLB, Mach32 based card. I can remember having to switch my 486 out of turbo mode for some older DOS games that freaked out on the VESA bus. Imagine that... underclocking.

First 3D card was a Voodoo1, after a brief stint with a Rendition Verite card. I think I took it back to the store the same day and bought the Voodoo.
 
Back
Top