• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do you remember your first graphics card?

Trident ISA
Diamond Stealth PCI (S3 Virge DX) 2MB
CL Voodoo II 12MB
Diamond Viper V330 (NVidia Riva 128)
CL 3d Blaster TNT2 Ultra
Hercules GF2 GTS 64MB
PNY GF2 MX (PCI)
Gigabyte 6600GT
Evga 7800GTX
Diamond 2600XT
 
Trident Cyberblade 1mb with an extra 1mb of expandable memory. Oh yeah, I had the fastest 486 on the block. 640 lines of blocky ROTT. Anyone remember the game Bioforge.

I loved beating people with their own arm. I'm a HUGE fan of 3DRealms shareware games, ROTT, Terminal Velocity, Duke3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood FTWWWWW
 
My first was a Cirrus 5446. It was as 2MB PCI graphics card with Windows acceleration firmware. I think it cost me ~$20USD
 
IIRC...

Matrox Mystique
Revolution Number Nine
Voodoo2 + Canopus Pure3d 2 (still have the pure3d lying around) :)
Voodoo3 3000
3D Prophet II GTS
3D Prophet III Ti200
Ti4200 Ultra
9700 Pro
9800 Pro
9800GTX
GTX280
 
lol Apple ][ > Crap intel on-board > ATI Rage 128 > 9800SE > 6600GT > X850XT > 7800GTX > *coming soon* HD4850

I tend to like bouncing back and forth between the big two.
 
I tend to get pretty good mileage out of my vid card's

Set your way back machine for:

RGB card (orig IBM PC)

Microchannel PS2 stuff

VLB (VESA) in a 386 then 486

Now here come the big dawgs...

FireGL 1000 Pro
then added a Voodoo2 card

Diamond Viper v770 TNT2 Ultra

GeForce2 GTS 64mb

Radeon 9700 Pro (made my own 1U copper heatsink)

GeForce 6800 GT (again made my own 1U copper heatsink)

GeForce 7900 GTO SLi (current)

Next: ???
 
Voodoo 3 2000 PCI so I could play the original Rainbow 6.

Oh buddy... Monster 3d II running in SLI with a whopping 32MB of RAM! :) Spent some BIG bucks on that back in college.

Then came...
Matrox Millenium
Original Radeon (no numbers...just called 'Radeon')
GeForce 2
GeForce 3 (I think I had a Ti 4200 somewhere in there)
Radeon 9700 Pro
Radeon 9600 XT
Radeon x800 XT PE (AGP)
Radeon x850 Pro (PCI-E)
GeForce 8600 GTS
Radeon 4850
 
i don't remember the brand but it was a Vesa Local Bus 2 MB VGA, and it was great (since all my friends had 512 KB), i was able to use 32bit at 1280X1024! on my 15" flatron on windows 3.11.
however my first 3D card was the ASUS riva 128 4 MB AGP on my P2-266 and Intel LX board.
i still remember searching the internet for beta OpenGL drivers to play Quake 2!.
 
I'm sure I'll leave something out here, but:

CGA 4 Color ISA (not sure which brand, too long ago)
Paradise EGA 16 Color ISA
Oak Technologies 256K VGA ISA
Oak Technologies 1MB VGA ISA
Orchid Pro Designer 2 1MB VGA ISA
Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 2MB VGA VLB
Tseng Labs ET4000 W32P PCI
Matrox Millenium 4MB PCI
Jaton (not sure if it was called Jaton then, but had the same art on the box) Cirrus Logic (Can't remember chipset) PCI
Matrox Mystique 8MB PCI + M3D (Power VR PCX2)
Nvidia Riva 128 4MB AGP (possibly ASUS) + Orchid 3DFX Voodoo 4MB
Same Riva 128 with Creative Labs 3DFX Voodoo 2 12MB
Creative Labs TNT 16MB AGP with 2 Creative Voodoo 2s SLIed
3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
Creative Labs TNT 2 Ultra 32MB AGP
Creative Labs GeForce 256 32MB AGP
Hercules GeForce 256 DDR 32MB AGP
Hercules GeForce 2 GTS 32MB DDR AGP (nice blue card :) )
Elsa GeForce 3 AGP
Elsa GeForce 3 TI500 AGP
VisionTek GeForce 4 TI4600 AGP
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AGP
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP
ATI Radeon X800 Pro AGP
BFG 6800 GT AGP
2 BFG 6800 GT PCIe SLI
BFG 7800 GT PCIe
EVGA 7900 GTO PCIe
ASUS X1950 Pro
BFG 8800 GTS 640
2 XFX 8800 GT SLIed
XFX 8800 GTS 512 (G92)
2 XFX 9600 GT SLIed (secondary PC)
2 ASUS HD4850 Crossfire
2 EVGA GTX 280 SLI
EVGA GTX 285
2 EVGA GTX 260 (216 Core) SLI
XFX GTX 295
Sapphire Radeon 5850

That's more or less it. There have been plenty of secondary systems that have had other random cards, but these are the ones I've used in my main systems over the years. (Like Matrox G200s, various Cirrus Logic based AGP cards, multiple TNTs, TNT2s, GeForce 256es, etc.,) and duplicates of other cards already on the list.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My first graphics card

Onboard (have no clue what it was)
voodoo 3 2000 I think
Geforce 3
EVGA 5200
EVGA 6600gt
EVGA 7600gt
 
First graphics was some onboard graphics from Intel.. Don't remember the exact model but it only had 2 MB of ram. My first bought video card was the Geforce MX 440
 
1998 - ATI Rage Pro 8MB Came with PC
1999 - Voodoo 3 3000 16MB AGP Bought for ~$130
2002 - Geforce 2 MX400 64MB AGP Free from a friend
2005 - Geforce 6800 GT 256MB AGP Bought for $384 at Newegg (will be the most ill spend in a Vidcard)
2006 - Geforce 7900GS 256MB PCI-E Bought for $178 at Newegg
2008 - Geforce 9600GT 512 MB PCI-E Bought for $107 at Ebay
 
My first CPU that was SOLELY mine was a P3, and I had a GeForce 2 MX 400. I loved that card. Then I killed it when removing it one day to clean my case out :( Knocked one of the caps off.
 
My first CPU that was SOLELY mine was a P3, and I had a GeForce 2 MX 400. I loved that card. Then I killed it when removing it one day to clean my case out :( Knocked one of the caps off.

ouch that sucks

mine still has not died. the fan died and i had to make a new one out of laptop fans, i had it install at my old work to play GTA San Andreas with some things turned up :)

the only card to die on me was my VERY expensive LeadTek 6800GT, lasted me almost 2 years (from feb 2005 till Dec 2006). now my budget for Vidcards is ~$200
 
First "Video Card" would be a Hercules Dynamite 1MB (ISA),

My first 3d accelerator was the first one ever made, the Voodoo 1 4MB

Then the list goes on:

1. Hercules Dynamite 1MB (ISA)
2. Trident 2MB (ISA)
3. Diamond Stealth 4MB (PCI)
4. + Diamond Monster3d Voodoo1 4MB Accelrator (PCI)
5. Matrox Millenium 8MB (PCI) + Creative Voodoo2 12M (PCI)
6. 3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 16M (AGP)
7. 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 64M (AGP)
8. Leadtek GeForce 3 (64M) (AGP)
9. PNY GeForce 4 ti4600 (128M) (AGP)
10. ATI All-in-Wonder 9700 (128M) (AGP)
11. PNY GeForce 6800GT (256M) (AGP)
12 eVGA GeForce 7900GT(256M) (PCI-E)
12 eVGA GeForce 7950GT(512M) (PCI-E) (for 1 month then stepup to 8800)
13. eVGA 8800GTS 640M (PCI-E)
14. ATI HD 4850 (512M) (PCI-E)
 
wow...hmm...mine was a matrox of some kind that was in my p1 90mhz 32mb ram w/ 600mb hdd... I had the money at the time and my neighbor and I went to Frys here in Oregon and bought identical cards and went home and plugged them in and found out we needed drivers for OpenGL to run Quake GL which might have been called Glide, we had to use my internet because my neighbor didn't have it yet, parents would be pissed because it was long distance. Also remember local dailing computers up...wow those where the intense days...kids today will put in TF2 and only know the half-life version...Im a Quake Team Fortress fan at heart! and they don't even know what dial up is anymore...or what a modem is...
 
Very first true graphics card was a Voodoo 1 with 4MB of RAM. Still have it and a Voodoo 2, Voodoo Banshee, Voodoo 3 5000. :)
 
My first card was a Savage pro followed by Voodoo 2 sli. Then voodoo 3 then voodoo 5 then
Was a sad day to see 3dfx go under. Wonder how things would be now if they would of stayed in.
 
First card was a Geforce DDR 64mb. When it died, I replaced it with a Geforce 2mx 64mb, thinking it would be the same. However it was like going from an 8800 GT to a 8500 GT nowadays, so returned it and got a Radeon :cool:
 
2001 Leadtek GeForce 2 GTS (died an early death)
2002 Leadtek GeForce 2 Ultra (bought used on eBay when GTS died)
2004 PNY 6600 GT (great card, still going strong in my server)
2006 Saphire Radeon X1950XT (buggy CCC left a bad taste in my mouth, died an early death)
2008 GeForce 9600 GT (cheap card to hold me over until something better comes along from Nvidia - still waiting)
 
Ati Rage Pro
Voodoo2
Voodoo 2 SLI
Voodoo 3 3500
Geforce 2 GTS
Geforce 4 MX440
Geforce 4 TI 4200 (Albatron- Oh yeah)
Radeon 9800 Pro
Geforce 7800 GTX (dell deal)
Geforce 8800 GTS

I have also had some HD 2600s and a few other crappy cards and so forth.
 
Trident 4MB -> Creative Voodoo Banshee -> 64MB Radeon DDR -> Leadtek GeForce3 -> Radeon 8500 -> EVGA GeForce 7800GT -> 2x Palit Radeon 3870s.

It felt like I had that damn banshee forever
 
My voodoo 3 3000 was my pride for years in some Emachines etower with a 333mhz? K6 2 processor. It's kind of all a blur. I built my first machine in the 10th grade and it was a nice slot A 1ghz athlon k7. After that I think came the radeon 9600. First game: Everquest. After that I stopped going outside.
 
I forgot what I had, but it was in a 486SX with 8MB RAM, 1GB hard drive (yeah, huge for 1995), Sound Blaster, 14.4 modem, and a 2x CD-ROM. I think it was a Cirrus Logic ISA card with a meg of RAM, lol. Something like that. Windows for Workgroups 3.11 FTW.
 
I forgot what I had, but it was in a 486SX with 8MB RAM, 1GB hard drive (yeah, huge for 1995), Sound Blaster, 14.4 modem, and a 2x CD-ROM. I think it was a Cirrus Logic ISA card with a meg of RAM, lol. Something like that. Windows for Workgroups 3.11 FTW.

I had a 512k Cirrus Logic ISA card in a 486 DX2... remember having to choose between 640x480 16-bit colors or 800x600 8-bit desktop resolution because any higher res/depth simply wouldn't fit in the frame buffer :p
 
Let's see, here are the cards that I actually remember.

1) Geforce Riva TNT2 (this was before I knew anything about computers)
2) Geforce 4 Ti4600 (with Tt Orb cooler and ram heatsinks on my custom Voodoo F-Class ~ 2000 for $4300)
3) Geforce 6800Ultra AGP 8x (first built computer with an FX53 and the works June 2004 for $3000) ---> changed to a 7200 GS or something cheap/local when it broke 2 months ago.
4) Geforce 6800GT PCI-E (second built computer with 4400+ for my brother in July 2004 for ~2000)
5) Geforce 7600 Go (falcon-nw TL-X laptop with a core 2 duo in Q2 2006 for ~4000)
6) Geforce 8800GTS G92 (current computer with p45, e8400, benq v2400w,etc for ~$2000)
7) ATI HD4780X2 (will put this in my current build and transfer G92 into my 4400+ system and use the 6800GT as backup)

I basically only played WC3 (and later Guild Wars/CS:S) from the time of my 6800U til now. Going from that to the 8800GTS and a 4Ghz e8400 is a really huge jump. I can't wait to play with the new 4780X2, it just needs to come out soon for I'm going to get a GTX 280 for $400 and not worry about micro-stuttering and throw on some thermalright aftermarket cooling on it. Regardless, I think that's a pretty decent span
 
I had a 512k Cirrus Logic ISA card in a 486 DX2... remember having to choose between 640x480 16-bit colors or 800x600 8-bit desktop resolution because any higher res/depth simply wouldn't fit in the frame buffer :p

:p The good days, lol.
 
ok my addition

trident (something or other i remeber it being 2mb)
matrox mystique (i think 4mb or 8mb dont remember)
onboard intel (dell gx150)
radeon 7300 le agp with TV in/out 64mb (left the sff dell gx150 half open to fit this card)
9600xt 128 agp ( got this after the 256 vansihed after being sent for rma ....still missing)
9600xt 256 agp (bf1942/vietnam, bf2 and CS:S many hours on this bad boy)
9700 pro 128 agp (solid card sold not long ago
x700pro 256 (still running solid)
6600gt agp ( bought used never did work right)
6800gt OC 256 agp (beast of a card played everythign flawless n still does, now running solid in my brothers htpc)
x800 pcie (didnt keep it long before i sold it)
x1800xt 512 pcie (helluva card sounded like a jet when hot, sold not long ago )
x1950pro 256 pcie (great card ran everythign perfectly and didnt use as much power as the x1800
8800gts 320 pcie (in my current rig and due to the current selection of games wont be upgrading anytime soon, besides i like watching the prices drop on new stuff)

other cards i own
7300le 256 passive pcie ( running in my fileserver) in use
8500gt 512 pcie ( my 4.6ghz aircooled celeron linux box/ and trial and error rig) in use
x600xt 256 pcie - dead
hd2400pro 256 pcie (htpc) in use
x1100 256 pcie (retired from wifes rig, awaiting new orders) still have
7800gs OC 256 agp (donated to a friend to feed his bf2142 habit)
fx5200 256 agp ( in drawer waiting for a reason to use it) still have
geforce mx440 64mb agp ( in drawer doing nothing) still have


might be more idk but those are what i can remember off my head
 
My 1st add in graphics card was a Canopus Pure 3D Voodoo board with 6MB of memory as opposed to the standard 4MB. I remember running GL Quake for the 1st time and I was just floored. Damn it's hard to believe that was 12 years ago when I 1st got into computers, video cards and the art of overclocking. It was shortly there after when I found out about [H]ardOCP. Back in the day for those that didn't know the OCP stood for Over Clocking Phreaks. Damn now I feel old, LOL :p.
 
Back
Top