• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do you pull your mobo when re-applying your HSF?

BoB-O TiVo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
147
Hey all,

I know the mobo standoffs permit a lot of flex when pressing down on the mobo. For that reason, I applied my HSF before I installed the mobo. I think I used too much AS5 on my XP-90 and it's killing my temps, so I want to re-apply. Do I really need to worry about the flex? Do y'all pull your mobo to apply the HSF?

Thanks,
BoB
 
i take mine out, the tray at least. takes like 5 seconds cuz i just shove the wires into whatever dark crevesses that present themselves
 
I haven't pulled any mobo to put on an XP-90. I've done it 3 times so far. They all still work ;).
 
dont worry about mobos, after chopping up my 5900's pcb to make a keychain, most of the motherboards thickness is copper sheets :eek:
 
Back
Top