Do you guys think iphone 4 worth the money?

I like mine, especially for the price I got from the Att store. Worth the full price? Tough to say especially with new dual core and iphone5 right around the corner

my opinion is that it's pure insanity for anyone to be buying an iphone 4 now for 199.99 on contract.

insanity

the iphone 5 is right around the corner, to pay top dollar for a year+ old device ...

just no

my opinion is that it's pure insanity for anyone to be buying an iphone 4 now for 199.99 on contract.

insanity

the iphone 5 is right around the corner, to pay top dollar for a year+ old device ...

just no

I agree to this along with any other phone that's been out for more than 6 months or so. They should at least discount the phone after that long.

insanity

just no
agree with your opinion, but when Iphone 5 arrives at the market , the price of Iphone 4 will not be that high

now it likes everyone has an Iphone 4, how about NOkia N7?

Nokia has recently inked deal with MS so looks like a lot of their phones are going to be WP devices. Also Nokia seem to be stuck in the low res side when it comes to displays compared to what others are offering.....

and to answer the OP's question, no I do not think an I phone is worth it since there are much better choices in phones for what I want to do. Currently use a HD2 and it fits my needs perfectly as I do a crap ton of tethering and it intergrates into windows quite well

The iphone 4 WAS worth the money when it came out. Now, NO way. If you need apple, wait for the iphone 5.

I almost bought one myself, but went with the dual core Atrix Android instead. It's a great phone aside from motoblur, and now with the ability to finally have an unlocked bootloader. Now, I would not recommend anything less than a dual core phone if you do any amount of work on it.

Real world usage I pull about 10-12 hours a charge on heavy usage (no games), 22-28h on light usage.

insanity

just no

I disagree (to some extent). Knowing past iOS device launches, it's not going to be easy getting one within the first few months of launch unless you really like waiting in long lines. Apple products also tend to keep a really high resale value. Every phone that I've had up to this point, I've sold (to upgrade) for close to, and in some cases over, the off-contract price

With that said, if you don't need the phone I completely agree. Might as well wait, but if you need the phone now, selling it for a new iphone 5 when it launches won't be terribly difficult.

I think it is still worth it. It's the best phone I've had and I started out with a Droid.

With the rumors of iP5 coming in Sept. It isn't worth the $ anymore unless you get it for cheap.

If you don't mind Android & can afford the Samsung Galaxy S II International version, then I would recommend that. I have one & admit I had buyers remorse after I paid for mine but after a few days of using it. I was glad I got one. If you don't have an unlimited internet plan then you could always go with the MediaNet unlimited plan for $10 or $15.

If you are curious about Android, I would recommend XDA-developers to see what you can do with one & learn more about them.

If you like iOS, then wait until iP5 to come out.

with iPhone 4S coming in September, I don't think the iPhone 4 is worth the full price, although it's resell value will still be pretty high.

september 5th, dont regret when the new one comes out
the a5 in the ipad 2 is insanely fast compared to a4 in ip4

Yes. But not at the full price. If you do get one get a refurb from att or Verizon they are readily available and $50 off. They have the same apple care warranty too. IMO wait for the iPhone 5 if you can or pick up an iPhone 2g for $70 to get unlimited data in the meantime if you already don't have u/l data and it makes a decent backup phone / iPod touch.

Rumors abound everywhere, but one rumor I saw was that the A5 is too hot or too power hungry to make it into the next iPhone. This leads me to believe the next iPhone may be a "4S", not a "5".

I think it still comes down to App support. Developers are still developing for iOS first, even though I think that'll change very quickly.

But yea, if your thinking about an iPhone, wait for the new one. It should be coming very soon.

The iphone 4 WAS worth the money when it came out. Now, NO way. If you need apple, wait for the iphone 5.

I almost bought one myself, but went with the dual core Atrix Android instead. It's a great phone aside from motoblur, and now with the ability to finally have an unlocked bootloader. Now, I would not recommend anything less than a dual core phone if you do any amount of work on it.

Real world usage I pull about 10-12 hours a charge on heavy usage (no games), 22-28h on light usage.
When is an apple product ever WORTH the money?

Rumors abound everywhere, but one rumor I saw was that the A5 is too hot or too power hungry to make it into the next iPhone. This leads me to believe the next iPhone may be a "4S", not a "5".

that is not a rumor, that is madness. Not even apple could delay a redesign of the iphone 4.

The iPhone really doesn't need a faster processor. The Androids do because their software sucks so the hardware needs to make up for the OS deficiency. iOS is as smooth as butter.

That being said, I'm sure Apple is working on a faster processor, but I wouldn't buy (or turn down) an iPhone based on that spec.

The iPhone really doesn't need a faster processor. The Androids do because their software sucks so the hardware needs to make up for the OS deficiency. iOS is as smooth as butter.

That being said, I'm sure Apple is working on a faster processor, but I wouldn't buy (or turn down) an iPhone based on that spec.

lol go on youtube and look up galaxy s2 vs iphone 4 comparisons

Tell that to people with iPhone 3g's after the 4.0 update.

Tell that to people with iPhone 3g's after the 4.0 update.

the only iphone that exists in the latest model...

but seriously, the iphone 4 is far too dated and small to remain for another year. Apple would not possibly be so stupid to not release a new iphone 5, especially with the launch of their new version of iOS. Not possible. The days of the 3g/3gs are over, if apple wants to compete long term.

Plenty of the faithful are still flocking to the iphone 4 even now, but over time they cannot keep that kind of pace as the android side launches dreadnought after dreadnought like the galaxy s ii which look alot better, perform better, and does more.

But its a common thing that people have said about their 4s, and came from previous versions. All the ones they had before were speedy at first but by the end of the first year started to feel slow, especially when a new one is released, but they don't feel that way about the current one. Maybe because the OS is more efficient, or that we haven't seen a future version that provides the envy to see the flaws, who knows.

Asking if an item is "worth it" is a loaded question. You have to take into account a few important details aside from the upfront cost of the phone.

As others have said - the current up front cost of an iPhone 4 probably isn't very "worth it" as the new iPhone is just around the corner.

From there - I say you have to consider how much you're going to pay every month for a fully loaded iPhone plan. Even if you got the bare minimum - and included texts - you're looking at $40 for the base plan, $15 for a mere 200mb of data, and $10 for texts. That's $65 a month for a very limited plan (and 3G only).

There are options from other carriers with more robust plans around the same price or cheaper - and include 4g. There are several amazing android phones out right now depending on what carrier you're looking at that I would consider as well.

Finally of course - you'd have to look at your utilization. If you just talk and text and don't require a necessarily robust multimedia phone - why not just get something cheaper?

I have used iPhones ever since the first one. However, I recently purchased a gTab and flashed it and loved it. I highly recommend an Android device as I now have a tablet and Galaxy and couldn't be happier.

Radio Shack and Target supposedly have price drops on the iPhone 4 starting tomorrow (July 31, 2011), but the various places reporting this info can't seem to agree on the pricing. Some say the basic 16GB model on AT&T isn't going down in price but the Verizon model is, and others say the Verizon one isn't while the AT&T one is. It's kinda fucked up but, can't hurt to check with those retailers tomorrow to see if the price drops occur and how much they are.

And of course, the price drops apply to new phones, new accounts, with 2 year activations. I'd suspect Apple is clearing house and put the word out to dump the last year model in favor of building up interest for the new one we're expected to get a whiff of sometime in September which would be somewhat odd considering the past history of iPhone releases in June/July but, it's Apple, they have always done what they want and will continue to do so.

Personally I'd say get a nice Android device like the Samsung Galaxy S2 but, that's just me. :)

I agree to this along with any other phone that's been out for more than 6 months or so. They should at least discount the phone after that long.

No business reason to discount though when they're still selling like crazy.

As others have said I'd def. wait if you can. If you can't it's not a bad choice.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but seeing how the ipad 2 has the same battery life compared to the ipad 1 while having basically the same battery leads me to believe the A5 is more efficient.

hell no iphone sucks i have an ipod touch and a droid incredible... compairing the 2 oses i would take android over ios any day of the week

iPhone 4s or 5 will be the same price as the iPhone 4 currently, so wait a month or two and you won't regret it.

iPhone 4 is a solid phone but I would hold off because the iPhone 5 is right around the corner. The rumored release date is sometime in September.

Back