Do You agree that the home PC will soon die?

It won't die since a phone or a tablet will never be as powerful as a pc can be and some people need powerful machines. I wouldn't even consider a normal sized desktop as my main pc since it would overheat with the use I have for it(and you can't watercool a phone and still be able to carry it in your pocket).

It will probably slow down quite a bit though since everyday users who only browse the internet and check their emails have no need for a big pc so they will probably abandon them.

Hell no. I use my pc for everything from gaming to watching movies to browsing. Most people use there pc's over there phones at home because the experience is better.

You still take analysts seriously? :confused:

You really think enthusiasts and people who do real work will stop using PCs in 2015? Yeah right.

Who gives a crap about the uneducated dumb casual masses? Let them flock to tablets and smartphones. Less headaches for the rest of us who had to put up with their constant nagging to help them with their computer issues.

This....again....

I thought it was C|Nets job to publish the monthly "death of the desktop PC" forecast.

Fundamentally I need to get stuff done. I need to file my taxes, pay bills, make hotel reservations, airplane reservations or whatever it is I need to get done. You know what I need to do those things? A decent sized screen and a good keyboard. I'm not going to be filling out IRS forms or punch in credit card data for my reservations on a small touch screen where the keyboard takes up 40% of the screen real estate, thats just silly.

And that my friends, is why a home computer will never die. It may morph, it may specialize, it may not be what we think of today, but it won't die as such.

Back