Do these headphones exist?

In ears can often isolate enough so that active noise canceling isn't necessary, unless its an exceedingly loud workshop (in which case it might not even be safe to be that isolated). You could convert any set of active noise canceling headphones into wireless with a BT receiver tho (clipped to shirt, worn around neck, slipped into front pocket, etc.; those receivers are the size of a Shuffle or smaller).

I think in-ear is going to be the way to go. Due to local availability, I'm going to try the JF3's, if they don't work out I'll have to search a while longer.

While shopping today I grabbed some Motorola S10-HD's at BestBuy. They're an in-ear/behind-the-head solution and depending on which earpieces you use they can block out the outside world almost completely. I tend to run on a treadmill, so it's ideal for me. Sound quality was nice, too. Bass is a little mild, but it's not really much different from most other headsets I've tried.

If IEMs dont isolate enough, check out the Sennheiser MM100 and MM450...

The former is wireless and behind the head, the latter is wireless with noise canceling and over the head. I guess a combination of both would be your ideal pair but I dunno how easy it is to pack batteries and NC circuitry into something light enough to go behind the head (unless you look at NC IEM models with a dangling box/housing).

There's a much cheaper version of the MM450 without NC (1/2 the price), and even a version without headset functionality under the PX200 line but you dont save much so that one's not really worth it (at least going by current Amazon prices).

You could always buy your preferred noise canceling pair of wired cans and pair then with a discrete BT receiver as I originally suggested tho, doesn't eliminate wires completely but you could dangle the receiver from your neck and under your shirt, or slip into a shirt/jacket pocket. I don't think there's many behind the head NC models tho...

That's a very unique combination you're looking for. :p I thought finding a pair with BT + NC + phone headset functionslity + portability was hard enough (MM450 fits that bill but its out of my gift giving budget!)...

Last edited:
Back