• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do I need a more powerful PSU?

The.KK

n00b
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
13
I sent a screenshot of my temps to my friend and he saw my voltages and said I need a stronger PS.

Here it is:



My CPU is on the power saving thing where it lowers the clock when idle. I'm not sure if I really need a new PSU so I'm wondering what you guys think.

I have a Corsair 620HX Modular power supply.

evga9800GTX, Q6600, Antec 1200 all fans on low, Prelude soundcard, good headphones, 2HHDs + 1 eSata HDD that wasn't turned on during the SS. G15 Keyboard with G5 mouse, dual monitors. So yea... is my friend right or am I fine. If he's right will a 750 be enough or should I go with a 1000W?

Thanks all,

KK
 
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever trust software voltage readings or even your bios readings for that matter.
 
Software voltage readings are utterly worthless. The HX620 will power that system just fine with PLENTY of room to spare.
 
AS the two above have said, software voltage reading is pretty much inaccurate and shouldn't be relied upon.

For those specs, the 620HX is MORE than enough.
 
Back
Top