DMC4 Demo this Thursday

That's pretty awesome. I never got #3, but #1 was awesome and #2 was passable. This one looks like a return to form for the series. They had live footage of it on XPlay last week and it reminds me of Ninja Gaiden...which can't be bad.
On the show they mentioned that both versions will be identical, but the 360 version obviously has achievements and the PS3 version can be installed to load faster.

Awesome! #1 and #3 were both rock solid games. DMC4 is likely the next game to buy, but a demo first is always nice.

Can't download the 360 version since I do not have XBL Gold right now, so I'll just stick to the PS3 demo. I can't wait though. :D

That's pretty awesome. I never got #3, but #1 was awesome and #2 was passable. This one looks like a return to form for the series. They had live footage of it on XPlay last week and it reminds me of Ninja Gaiden...which can't be bad.
On the show they mentioned that both versions will be identical, but the 360 version obviously has achievements and the PS3 version can be installed to load faster.

Was reading there are framdrops below 60 fps on the 360 version as well as draw distance appears better in the PS3 version with sharper textures.

But other than that which most ppl wont even notice they are allegedly identical. Im going to pick up the PS3 version i believe.

Was reading there are framdrops below 60 fps on the 360 version as well as draw distance appears better in the PS3 version with sharper textures.

But other than that which most ppl wont even notice they are allegedly identical. Im going to pick up the PS3 version i believe.

Reviewers have been saying the same thing about the new Burnout. It's nice to finally see big titles showing up that run better on the PS3, even if it's just a little better it lets us know that developers are finally understanding how to get some juice out of the PS3.

There's comparison pics around the web now... you might be surprised as to which platform the demo looks better on.

Oh, and had a go on both versions today. For those struggling with the 360 bumper use (feels really shitty intially), shift your hand slightly up the controller and suddenly it feels comfortable. I suppose it's mostly odd because few 360 games use the controller in that way.

There's comparison pics around the web now... you might be surprised as to which platform the demo looks better on.

Oh, and had a go on both versions today. For those struggling with the 360 bumper use (feels really shitty intially), shift your hand slightly up the controller and suddenly it feels comfortable. I suppose it's mostly odd because few 360 games use the controller in that way.

links?

Since I don't think I'll care much about the achievements in a game like this (something tells me they'll be tedious like in Assassin's Creed) I'll probably get the PS3 version.
I'll DL the demo when I get home tonight.
The season of good games continues. I'm actually really glad that Smash Bros. was delayed because now I'll finally have time to dedicate myself to all of the other great games out there.

I think I'll download the 360 demo later day. I downloaded the demo for Turning Point last night, but unfortunately I never got around to even trying it. I'm falling behind!

usually around 5-6pm EST from what ive seen. Altho it seems it can vary greatly.

Yeah, I've seen items show up super early 2AM EST and I've seen them take as long as Thursday at 9PM EST.
Typically 5-6 is standard, though.

the demo is live on the JPN PSN store for those who cant wait.

Im stuck at work either way till this evening =(

I know what I'll be downloading this afternoon, thanks for the post! Now to decide whether to do it on the ps3 or the 360... Maybe I'll do both so that I can compare graphical differences.

It's up on the US store now. I'm in the process of downloading (640 mb).

I know what I'll be downloading this afternoon, thanks for the post! Now to decide whether to do it on the ps3 or the 360... Maybe I'll do both so that I can compare graphical differences.
There really isn't any at all.

dmccompare1.jpg

dmccompare2.jpg

One of those pics is on my PS3 one is on 360. They're not different at all really when sitting at normal viewing distance, there was no framerate drop on either version. IMO the PS3 controller felt better than the Xbox pad though.

Looking over those shots again, I'm somewhat leaning towards the PS3 overall for AA, which is weird. I dunno, it all seems too inconsistent. I'll go download the 360 version too in a bit.

There's some weird graphical anomalies in both too. Like that fire guy's sword in the 360 is just... WTF? I dunno about that frost effect on the PS3....

Some places it really does look like the 360 has some retarded sharpening filter while the PS3 has some retarded blurring filter (especially in that four comparison).

I started the download for both the 360 and ps3 version at the same time. Since I popped in a blu-ray movie, I guess that halted the download becuase I was able to play the game on the 360 afterwards, but not the ps3 version. My first impression was: Holy shit, the 360 looks good! I may not have to choose the ps3 for graphics afterall. It's probably the prettiest looking 360 game I've ever played.

Once the ps3 download finishes, I'll be able to see the graphical differences.

Gameplay wise... I feel like I didn't get too far on the 10 minute limit choice. Maybe i'll play it again later to see how far I can get... but I ended up getting lost a few times and losing my way.

For the bottom choice, I took the boss down to about 30% life and died. Anyone beat him yet? I'm guessing that is the end of the demo after you take him down. Our hero has some cheezy lines. Never played the old Devil May Crys (never owned a ps2) so does anyone know if that's typical?

So, when do people that don't have a gold xbox live account get to download it?...it wouldn't let me download it last night. :(

I really disliked the controls when I played DMC2, but i'll give this a try.

I like the graphics for the 360 more....... cept the ice thing, It just seems like the ice is done better in ps3, with its clarity.

playing the xbox version right now, i cant really be bothered to download both versions.

Is it just me or did they try to keep the Playstation controls on the xbox? It's kinda pissing me off because i can't change camera angles and attack/jump at the same time. That and some scenes still have the locked camera angles. I know it was kinda necessary in the past, but they could have done without it =(

pretty short demo. Its ok, I hope the final version will let me change the attack button around. This looks to be a rental.

Attack and fire buttons need to be swapped, IMO.

I was thinking that, too. I can't recall if the older one was like that, but after playing other games like Ninja Gaiden, using triangle as a primary attack feels wrong.

Back