DIY Pedal-Powered Porsche 911 GT3 RS

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want a Porsche but you’ve spent all your money on your latest PC build? Do what this guy did…build your own pedal-powered Porsche 911 GT3 RS in your garage.

Sometimes i question why people invest so much time into something useless. While he was making this, bill gates made 10 billion dollars (which one was more productive?)

Just sayin

It's not about the money, it's about accomplishing something you've always wanted to do. Don't criticize the guy, congratulate him on doing something HE wanted to do, fuck what anyone else thinks.

It's not about the money, it's about accomplishing something you've always wanted to do. Don't criticize the guy, congratulate him on doing something HE wanted to do, fuck what anyone else thinks.

I'm just sayin, maybe if he applied himself somewhere else he could have bought a real porsche

Sometimes i question why people invest so much time into something useless. While he was making this, bill gates made 10 billion dollars (which one was more productive?)

Just sayin

The modeling is impeccable, but the end result is... worthless.

I'm just sayin, maybe if he applied himself somewhere else he could have bought a real porsche

With that much attention to detail and the attention his model makes, he might soon get a job designing cars and make more profit than anyone on this board. Then he could buy any damn car he wants.

With that much attention to detail and the attention his model makes, he might soon get a job designing cars and make more profit than anyone on this board. Then he could buy any damn car he wants.

Possible, it would be nice for sure, but what if he doesn't want to do that for a living, what if he only wanted a porsche

Just sayin

What's your secret to such incredible productivity on an internet forum? Surely you have more to show for it than a pedal porche?

Just sayin

Pot called the kettle black, Mr. Sitting on an internet forum not doing your job.

That was 6 flavors of awesome... plain and simple. Anybody who bags on him is a shit.. and needs to re-evaluate their own lives.

How much money did you spend to build or buy your computer... to do what? Troll other peoples efforts? Play a game someone else wrote which tends to be little more then an extravagant mouse maze you willingly spend hours circumnavigating?

Personally, I loved it... the guys attention to detail ad willingness to do the work made me grin like a kid.

What's your secret to such incredible productivity on an internet forum? Surely you have more to show for it than a pedal porche?

I was waiting for a lotus notes 8.5 to 8.5.1 update to complete so i can configure websphere and inotes, then install fix packs 1 and 2.

I was waiting for a lotus notes 8.5 to 8.5.1 update to complete so i can configure websphere and inotes, then install fix packs 1 and 2.

In the time you were waiting for lotus notes, I made 10 billion dollars.

Just sayin

8.5.1 released Oct. '09
FP1 released Dec. '09
FP2 - current fix released in March

Procrastinate much?

This had me thinking... Why the hell don't I build one and pull an engine out of a car in a junk yard? :p

Just sayin

LOL, even funnier being posted on an Internet forum. I'm fairly sure you do non-productive things too, and if you don't, you're even dumber than you sound here.

Just sayin

Bet this guy buys a lot of Apple products, and had to build a poor mans Porsche as a result.

Which would you have, Apple products or a Porsche?

HA!

I could push my car faster than that one would go...

Oh wait....

:D

Thats a good idea but unless you have very strong legs then its not much use. It would take a few people peddling that car to get it up a hill and maybe somebody else pushing.

Thats a good idea but unless you have very strong legs then its not much use. It would take a few people peddling that car to get it up a hill and maybe somebody else pushing.

Yeah, might be fun for a day but that thing's gotta be heavy even if it's just plastic and tape.

LOL, even funnier being posted on an Internet forum. I'm fairly sure you do non-productive things too, and if you don't, you're even dumber than you sound here.

Just sayin

Everyone does non-productive things, I never said i'm 100% productive,

Interesting, lets hope he never gets in an accident. Be nice to see what he could do with some real composites, welding, and some engineering classes.

I saw this article on CNET yesterday. It's the lightest and slowest Porsche ever! :cool: :D

It's a Poorsche!:D

I can just imagine all the pissed off people when light turns green & the car right behind him doesn't make the light.:p

Back