Displayport cables impossible to find B&M??

blinx

Limp Gawd
So I've been trying to find a display port cable so I can transfer sound to my new 120hz monitor. However every employee at every store I talk to gives me the blankest look. Sure I could buy one online. But like the JG Wentworth commercial.. "its my money and I want it now!! "

I've tried best buy, office max/depot, Fred Meyer, target, shopping, local mac store, local pc shop and NO ONE has a DP -> DP cable.

Am I just crazy?

Only place B&M that has any kind of DP cabling I've seen are Apple Stores....even then a normal DP-DP cable they may not have. Get thee to Monoprice.

They'll get more common once DP replaces VGA cables on all low(er) tier monitor

Displayport is very far from mainstream still, and virtually all panels have hdmi/dvi anyway. I can't think of having seen one b&m anywhere myself :(.

So you were going to spend like $30 or more on a cable thats $6 delivered from monoprice? Yes, you won't find them at B&M.

Order online. Or bum one from a friend, lol. I have several because I bought a few Dell monitors.

Yea if you do end up finding one you are going to pay a ridiculous premium for it.

guy at best buy told me there was no such thing

hahaa. Gotta love those feebs. I asked the geek squad people how many of them built their own systems once, and none of them did.

I'm running mini-dp to DP with a cable from monoprice and love it. The mini-dp connector should be the form factor standard for everything (Go thunderbolt!)

Last edited:
hahaa. Gotta love those feebs. I asked the geek squad people how many of them built their own systems once, and none of them did.

I'm running mini-dp to DP with a cable from monoprice and love it. The mini-dp connector should be the form factor standard for everything (Go thunderbolt!)

In fairness, if you can build a computer you're overqualified to work on BB Geeksquad.

Unable to find a non $100 monster cable in San Diego.

Was willing to pay ridiculous mark up (up to ~30 bucks) but I had to laugh when the fry's guy brought back the monster cable when I asked for one.

Ended up with a few $6 monocables in the mail a few days later.

I bought one from Fry's before. I saw the monster cables one for $100, but I ended up getting a no name brand for around $20 in the same store.

Back