Disney Completes Fox Acquisition

Proper regulators would MUCH rather control smaller entities. Larger entities get more lobbying dollars and get their teeth in politicians easier. Crooked politicians would rather a few large entities. Hell I'm a conservative and just look at all the republicans who blow ATT and Verizon every time they drop their pants.

Based on what I've seen, it seems that Disney will be launching their service as something seperate, and they can't necessarily take over Hulu since Comcast still owns a 30% stake. That puts Hulu in the akward position of competing with the company that owns a majority stake in it.

You are right, Disney is launching Disney+ their new streaming service aimed at the family market or PG13 and below.

From what I have seen at D23 and articles about D+, they will not allow streaming of movies with a higher rating of PG-13 or heavy fighting/violence. Hulu was brought up at D23 and it was mentioned Disney bought a share of Hulu to use to stream the Marvel series or anything over PG13.

So far, and Disney is still working on D+, it is believed D+ will be the animated / family friendly streaming (replacing Disney, Disney XD, Disney JR, and Netflix) and Hulu will stream the other Disney IP's that don't fit. Mainly Marvel titles.

Actually, I simply misread the owner for Fox Corporation. After further reading into the nature of the Disney acquisition the Fox News and Broadcasting components were spun off into Fox Corporation. So yes, 21st Century Fox did indeed own Fox News and such, but that changed with the Disney acquisition.

Wikipedia actually uses citable and credible sources, so don't blindly discredit the source without yourself actually investigating the quality of the source.

Nope. The final cut of Endgame was completed already. Unless they put something together completely last second (like the end-credits scene for the first Avenger's movie) there will be nothing about F4 or X-Men in Endgame itself or in the credits.

Disney does NOT own Fox News. Stop using Wiki as source and look at the damn news that has been discussed on this merger for over a year.

Its not capitalism anymore, its corporatism that pretends to be capitalism.
Yup, when it's all about having a powerful lobby force and an army of accountant and lawyers to navigate the most optimum methods for extracting and preserving revenue within the existing framework of laws, them it's no longer capitalism.

"$71 Billion, and say they expect to make at least $2 billion from it by 2021"

They hope to make 1% returns annually? They hope?

"$71 Billion, and say they expect to make at least $2 billion from it by 2021"

They hope to make 1% returns annually? They hope?

... what is 1% of 71 again ?
This is more closely to 3%

and expected is not the same as hope.

2019 + 2020 + 20121 = 3 years

what is 3% divided by 3 moron...:facepalm:

Thing is, if I invest my money in an Index fund, it’s ok to make only a few % a year. The risk is not through the roof, the reward of 3% a year is nothing special.

That investment vehicle exists.

So why would I spend 71 billion hoping to make a billion a year? Especially when there is so much risk in that investment.

Riskier investments are supposed to pay more returns, you’re NOT supposed to risk money for a 1% return. There’s too many ways for that to go wrong.

Thing is, if I invest my money in an Index fund, it’s ok to make only a few % a year. The risk is not through the roof, the reward of 3% a year is nothing special.

So why would I spend 71 billion hoping to make a billion a year? Especially when there is so much risk in that investment.

Riskier investments are supposed to pay more returns, you’re NOT supposed to risk money for a 1% return. There’s too many ways for that to go wrong.

I agree it seems to be a bit on the low side in pure money. but maybe they are hoping for other benefits. (exposure and knowhow)? I have no clue

Synergismisticexpialidociousintegration opportunity cost.

Back