Dishonored - My god, it sounds amazing

TheOneKnownAsMe

[H]ard|Gawd
Best described as Deus Ex meets Dark Messiah, all set within a unique world. Brought to you by one of the creative geniuses behind System Shock and Deus Ex, set in a world designed by the man who brought us City 17.

(read these links in order)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/22/dishonored-preview-2/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/22/dishonored-interview/

I'll be honest, I overlooked this game from the start. I haven't been scouring the internet, searching for leaks, or waiting for even just a little bit of information.

Biggest mistake I have ever made. Put simply, this is the game I have been waiting years for.

It might not have the graphical prowess of Battlefield 3, the vast, open world of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, or the cyberpunk goodness of Deus Ex, but good lord does it sound amazing.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as time passes. It certainly seems to be a powerhouse of a game. Hopefully it delivers.

Wow, I hadn't heard much about it until this thread. Definitely on the radar now.

This is why I love Bethesda, at least as publishers (I've been dissapointed with the direction their development team has taken with the last few titles, but that's for another thread).

They're one of the few big publishers who take chances.

They've had their share of failures (wet, rogue warrior, among others), but I always figured it was always a matter of time before they hit paydirt. It would seem that their efforts have finally paid off.

I mean, that story about the tester with the crossbows was just fantastic, you should have seen my face, I was just utterly floored and elated at the same time. The fact that the game has been designed to even allow for such a vast amount of variation is utterly astounding.

Game sounds amazing. Probably won't be out for a couple years but that's okay since Skyrim is going to probably keep me busy for a long time. :D

It's scheduled for 2012 according to the articles.

The game conceptually sounds really amazing, but implementation will be the key. They seem to have assembled some people with talent and experience, but the studio itself doesn't have a solid track record.

I personally loved Dark Messiah, it had some of the best first-person melee combat I've ever seen. The story wasn't that great, but I hardly even paid attention to it, I just wanted to hit stuff with my sword.

If they can take that great combat, throw in a great story that allows for an unbelievable amount of variation and choice, well, I will simply be stunned.

I personally loved Dark Messiah, it had some of the best first-person melee combat I've ever seen. The story wasn't that great, but I hardly even paid attention to it, I just wanted to hit stuff with my sword.

If they can take that great combat, throw in a great story that allows for an unbelievable amount of variation and choice, well, I will simply be stunned.

Indeed. Dark Messiah had a very weak story but that didn't stop me from playing through the whole game twice.

I really dislike the character designs. I don't like that semi-cartoony look to the characters.

I really dislike the character designs. I don't like that semi-cartoony look to the characters.

I'm going to agree with this... Kind of breaks the sense of immersion and looks kind of kiddy orientated...(but the world looks much more serious). I suppose borderlands is similar in models, but that had the whole graphic novel look about it. I like the backgrounds, and some parts of the characters, just hate the characters faces.

Still, most important thing is how it plays. :D

Back