Dishonored 2

Watching Beth's E3 show, and this is finally official. The teaser they showed looked really good... absolutely cannot wait for this.

E3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jpDxVaM8Qk

18199831883_dbeb8222d2.jpg

Same old pre-rendered bullshit we have come to expect from E3.

Last edited:
now Im more interested than I was before... pretty good vid.. funny I killed off emily dropped her off that tower like a bad habit ... perhaps shes a kat?? :)

As long as it's not like the first one where you had to play the game without doing any of the fun stuff to get the good ending, I actually stopped playing it because it was so boring playing it like thief with less combat, that one detail ruined the entire game for me. I can't just run through killing people when the whole premise is that they are innocent.

"Good" is pretty subjective with this game. I got the "chaotic good" ending, and was plenty happy. I didn't just go murdering everyone, but I killed anyone that I decided deserved to die, let some people live that the game was kinda hinting at me to kill, and it turned out fine. It was actually a pretty weird ending, but it fit with how I played it pretty well.

I generally choose to be good in most games, but some characters just piss me off, and then I kill them. I'm not going to change my play style so I can get a different ending generally. (that works out better in some games than others but...)

For example, Granny-whatsits kinda grated on my nerves after a while, so I killed her. Also, I let the whiskey distiller guy live. Yeah, he was a killer and a criminal, but he was just trying to keep his people (such as they were) alive and fed. In fact I was called out specifically on these two items as "odd decisions" in the ending, but not overly-penalized for them.

Very much looking forward to the new one.

first game was good but a bit overrated...loved the Steampunk designed world...will keep an eye on Part 2

Need to see some gameplay ( Probably not much different ) before I order. But I loved the first ones stealth.

Bethesda.net

November 11 PC, PS4, XB1

A year where I have both a new Deus Ex game and a new Dishonored game = a helluva year for games just on these two things alone before we even get into the rest of it.

Works for me. I can't think of too many other holiday must-have games, so I like that timing.
It took me some time to get into the first one (I stopped and started it twice), but once I got to the first real mission I was hooked.
I loved the flexibility to alternate between stealth and straight ahead aggression. There was no real penalty for using one vs. the other, too. I also appreciated the game having a fun plot and RPG elements without trying to be an Elder Scrolls or Witcher clone.
Give me more of the same and some new weapons and I'll be happy.

A year where I have both a new Dark Souls game and a new Uncharted game = a helluva year for games just on these two things alone before we even get into the rest of it.

fixed! :D

normally November is a crowded month for games so hopefully Dishonored 2 won't get lost among the Call of Duty's and Battlefield's

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
What made the 1st game popular I think was teh Art Style over the characters and gameplay it had it's moments with the story but it just looked good. I think I read or someone said it's like a Oil panting digital at that.
I've been waiting forever for this game 1st one came out in 2012 but didn't play it till like 2014.

What made the 1st game popular I think was teh Art Style over the characters and gameplay it had it's moments with the story but it just looked good. I think I read or someone said it's like a Oil panting digital at that.
I've been waiting forever for this game 1st one came out in 2012 but didn't play it till like 2014.

Actually, I think most aspects of the game made it what it was. It had style, the controls were fluid and precise, the stealth mechanics actually worked most of the time, the world was gritty and believable, and they put you in a lot of interesting situations. They also gave you quite a bit of freedom to solve things how you wanted. The only thing that could have been better is less punishment for killing. I wasn't a total killing machine, I used stealth a lot of the time, and was often non-lethal. However, sometimes I felt I was more than justified in killing certain people. I got the chaotic-good ending, but was punished when I went ashore in the final area. (that little bastard boatman Samuel... :D ) Overall though the game was nearly perfect. I was glued to it until I beat it (to the point where my wife was getting a little annoyed by it. :D )

I'm really looking to playing this, Dawn of War 3 & Deus Ex Mankind Divided. If the gameplay & story go great together, I'll be in bliss.

I have no reason to think it would be anything but an improved experience over the first. The studio seems solid. Hopefully they listen, and give a little more "true" freedom in how one wants to play. Otherwise an expanded version of the formula for the first game should do the trick I would think.

Absolutely can't wait for this. I typically wait a bit on games, but lately and in the near future there are a ton of games that I'm absolutely sure will be good. Definitely a few day ones, and maybe even a few pres depending on introductory discounts.

This game, Deus Ex, Doom, Dark Souls 3, No Man's Sky, among some others. Good time to play games on PCs.

I'm a little wary given just how little we've seen - maybe E3 will finally get some gameplay released.

The only thing that's keeping me from being too wary is that Dishonored 1 was the same way - nothing but a CGI trailer (which way oversold the game) before any tangible gameplay was released, and it STILL turned out to be one of my favorite games.

Back