Dishonored 2 PC System Requirements Revealed

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda announced today that Dishonored 2 has gone gold and released the PC system specs so you have an idea what it takes to run the game. I wasn't a fan of the first game so I'm going to wait for reviews to hit (this is one of the games that was not shipped to reviewers early) before I decide whether or not I'm going to pick this one up. What about you?

Minimum:
  • Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
  • 8 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better
  • Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game.
  • Requires Steam activation.

Recommended:
  • Windows 10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • 16 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better
  • Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game.
  • Requires Steam activation.

PC Drivers
  • NVIDIA: 375.70
  • AMD: 16.10.2

I call shenanigans. This policy of putting the first few gigs on the disk then the rest as a download is bs. 60 gig game, with first 8 gigs on disk.......

I call shenanigans. This policy of putting the first few gigs on the disk then the rest as a download is bs. 60 gig game, with first 8 gigs on disk.......

I agree..there has got to be some marketing or sales reason for this. Do they get a tax break by selling physical media vice digital only? Or does Steam get a smaller cut of the sale? There has GOT to be a reason they're doing this with so many games, because it makes no sense from a consumer's prospective.

I agree with the didnt like the first game.

Dont kill anyone with these super awesome abilities to play the game properly, horrible concept. No wonder she got taken so easily, corvo never had any real life training in anything besides sarcastiball

I agree..there has got to be some marketing or sales reason for this. Do they get a tax break by selling physical media vice digital only? Or does Steam get a smaller cut of the sale? There has GOT to be a reason they're doing this with so many games, because it makes no sense from a consumer's prospective.

I'm assuming it's cheaper to manufacter one disc instead of several. Gotta save them pennies!

Newer games need to be like...

• Recommended: NVIDIA that hasn't been invented yet./AMD Radeon that hasn't been invented yet. Because we're too lazy to correctly implement SLI/Crossfire.

Actually, I haven't really felt like this for a while now.. but I like the post anyway because I used to feel that way.

I agree with the didnt like the first game.

Dont kill anyone with these super awesome abilities to play the game properly, horrible concept. No wonder she got taken so easily, corvo never had any real life training in anything besides sarcastiball

???

There was nothing saying you couldn't kill people. In fact, you needed to do both lethal and non-lethal playthroughs to see the entire game.

I liked the first one, reminded me a bit of the Mistborn books. I'll probably pick up the second, but it won't be day 1.

I really liked the first one. I probably will not buy it day one mainly because I am playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided right now. I try not to buy a current release while still playing another current release that I have not finished yet.

???

There was nothing saying you couldn't kill people. In fact, you needed to do both lethal and non-lethal playthroughs to see the entire game.

Do not kill the guards they are innocent and have no part in this was along the lines of what yiu are told.
Along with being punished with chaos rating for killing, more rats etc.

I tend to play games once as well and want best ending.
Game would have been fun if concept wasnt so flawed quit after i got a buch of cool weapons that were all leathal and useless.

Deus Ex had right idea with multiple options.

Do double shenanigans cancel each other out into no shenanigans?
No, it's not a double negative. It's shenanigans and then increased shenanigans in the "fix" for the previous shenanigans. So the fix would be to put the entire game on disks sold in store or don't sell in store, not sell in store with no disk lol.

Go even cheaper, don't manufacture any disks. Just sell boxes with a download code inside.

You can make it an even bigger "fuck you" and do what Konami did with MGS V on PC...a disc with a Steam installer on it and that's it.

Do not kill the guards they are innocent and have no part in this was along the lines of what yiu are told.

Game would have been fun if concept wasnt so flawed quit after i got a buch of cool weapons that were all leathal and useless.

Lol....do what you're told with a game. It's your game....do what you like, come what may. What's a "best ending" anyway?

You could have just....Played the game however you wanted. There is no right or wrong way to play a game. Have fun and play it however you want to.

Non-lethal does give you the better ending but you don't have to always be non-lethal to keep your chaos low and get the good ending, plus I found the extra challenge fun myself. More rats is also useful in a lethal playthrough since they do a wonderful job of cleaning up all the corpses you leave in your wake.

I'm not really into the whole steampunk thing and didn't think I would like the game but the atmosphere was well done and gameplay was good, blink is a lot of fun.

I didn't care for a couple of plot points, especially one that's supposed to be a surprise twist but you can see it coming a mile away and can't do anything to avoid it. Overall the story was decent enough though and did a good job of logically driving the game forward.

lol it reminds me of mass effect 3 ending. it doesn't matter if i go renegade or paragon because in the end i still can get the best ending? the game end up getting a lot of flack because of that. even a lawsuit haha.

60GB... Holy crap. There better be either/or a massive amount of content or crazy good textures.

Very coincidentally, I'm replaying the game now and it's as good as I recall, but damn it looks dated (I think HL2 looked better). Just realizing how good an idea it was to slowly punish you if you kill everyone along the way. The gameplay and weapon manipulation just feels somehow wrong, however.

I didn't like Shadow Warrior all that much. Whereas the second one I really liked. It is the same way with this series. Hoping that this time I like the game and story. Glad I got the first one on summer sale for 8 bucks. The multiple endings were somewhat interesting. The devs just need to spice up the game world and story more. I would love to support these devs again since Arx Fatalis was a great but bugged game.

Last edited:
Back