Dish Network "Hopper" Records Six Shows At Once

Well to be entirely fair, American Pickers and Pawn stars is pretty interesting if you are into seeing interesting old cultural items. I find those shows interesting sometimes just to see the really random old things they find.

I don't mind these either, but they are on the same channel so unlikely to be on at the same time.

Every now and then a good show is created too. I recently discovered AMC's Breaking Bad which absolutely fantastic. Been watching it streaming on Netflix though, because I am so many seasons behind.

Zarathustra[H];1038246747 said:
I can't even think of 6 current shows that I could sit through without wanting to stab my eyes out with a dull pencil, let alone that I'd want to record.

And what are the chances of the shows being on at the same time???

I have yet to run in to a situation where the two concurrent recordings that FiOS offers me have not been sufficient.
LOL, well, in my case, there are a couple times I wish I had a dual-tuner DVR since both shows happen to be on at the same time. If I'm home, I'll watch one live (w/ commercials) and record the other. If I'm not home, I'll record the more important show and then watch the other show after I BT it. :cool:

Recording 6 shows at once is crazy! I don't even watch that many channels in a week, maybe even a month!

My Verizon Fios DVR can barely record 2 shows at the same time without sh!tting itself. The remote basically stops working, it must be pegging 100% cpu.

But I would welcome more than 2 tuners, I frequently get pop-ups about getting double teamed if I decide to watch live TV during primetime hours. Like during the bowl games etc, stupid messages were popping up every 30 mins. Do you want to continue watching or cancel Iron Chef? And if you cancel Iron Chef it just goes deep into the schedule to find out what show would have been recorded if Iron Chef wasn't and starts to record that one, which prompts another popup message.

I think the Fios DVR was designed and built by communists.

My Verizon Fios DVR can barely record 2 shows at the same time without sh!tting itself. The remote basically stops working, it must be pegging 100% cpu.

What is the model number of your DVR? Mine has never had any problems.

Are there even two shows on at the same time worth recording? Fix that problem and you might spark some interest.

Back