• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Disabling AHCI for certain ports

Ree

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
36
When SATA is set to AHCI mode ("Configure SATA as [AHCI]"), is there a way to disable AHCI individually for each SATA port? I see that in "AHCI Configuration" section, there are 6 subsections (AHCI Port1 - AHCI Port6), each of which contain a corresponding SATA PortX option which can be set to either [Auto] or [Not Installed]. If I set, say, SATA Port2 to [Not Installed], does that mean "disable AHCI for this port"? Will this make the port run in IDE mode? The manual doesn't explain this.

The board is Asus Rampage Formula (X48, ICH9R).
 
If I set, say, SATA Port2 to [Not Installed], does that mean "disable AHCI for this port"?

Looks to me that the X-option just disables the port.

I've never heard of disabling AHCI on certain ports when they are connected to the same controller.
 
Options to disable individual SATA ports are available elsewhere (that is, outside of "AHCI Configuration" section). The "AHCI Configuration" section appears ONLY when SATA is set to AHCI operation mode, otherwise it's unavailable. I doubt you could disable the same port in two different sections - no logic here.
 
Sorry, I don't have the board and only Googled "SATA PortX option" which indicated the port would be disabled.

AAR, any time AHCI is enabled I've never seen any indications/examples of disabling it on seperate ports on the same controller....and that's what you want to do.
 
Back
Top