Disable auto Phenom TLB in Windows 7

fuelvolts

[H]ard|Gawd
probably have to wait for a windows 7 version to be released..

Funny, the various TLB workarounds ended up being bigger problems than the TLB issue itself, which as far as I know never affected any real applications...

bump

This thread is the #1 hit on google when you google "disable tlb fix windows 7" :(

Is this still an issue with post SP1 Windows Vista? Windows7?

I build alot of newer machines and allways disable the TLB fix

Funny, the various TLB workarounds ended up being bigger problems than the TLB issue itself, which as far as I know never affected any real applications...

Exactly.

I have several buddys that have a first gen Phenom and none of them has ever seen the TLB bug. my system has been pretty much rock solid with TLB disabled in the bios.

If you set the compatibility mode to windows xp sp3 and check the run as administrator box it will work.
for total noobotrons >
right click the tlb_disable.exe
properties
compatibility
check run this program in compatibility mode
for windows xp (service pack 3)
in the privilege level box on the same tab check run as administrator.

As for it actually making a difference, win7 is a lot lighter then xp (imo) and i dont think i really need it but i do see an improvement in fps in games even with an 8800gt

FireXware

He talking about video encoding. It makes a slight difference, compared to 'normal'. (9100e, for me :D)

OP: Since you have a 9600gt, what about badaboom? Unless if you are using some studio software for a different purpose then what I am thinking (HTPC video encoding, iPod, Zune, etc...)

Sort of weird that it does not work in the retail version of Win7, I had a 9600BE crunching and had it on Win7 RC 64-bit and used that exact tool to turn off the TBL patch with zero issues.

I have this working by doing the following.

Make sure you download the 32bit CrystalCPUID from: http://release.crystaldew.info/CrystalCPUID

Extract CrystalCPUID to a folder:

download TLB_disable.exe from : TLB_Disable.exe - Shortcut

Extract to the same folder as above.
Right click on both; CrystalCPUID.exe and TLB_Disable.exe and select "Properties" then "Compatability"
Select "run this program in compatibility mode for" winxpSP3
Check "Run as Administrator"

OP here

this is an old thread bumped up, but I did eventually use Badaboom. But my 9600GT was roughly the same speed as my 9600 Phenom with TLB bug fix enabled.

Encoding HD x264 8mbps 720p video is roughly 25fps on both AVIDemux with 4 cores Phenom and Badaboom with 9600GT.

FIXED!!!

You have to use the 32-bit version of CrystalCPUID. I was using the 64-bit and it wasn't working. Much faster PC now.

My second PC has a TLB trouble cpu and it has never once blue screened or had any issues at all in about 8 months of running nearly 24/7.

Back