Direct comparisons - HP w2408h vs BenQ g2400w

bl80

n00b
I tell ya.. I cannot find a better looking monitor than the HP w2408h .. they are proudly displayed at BB, CC and Office Depot in my area and really look infinitely better than any of the Samsung, Acer, Westinghouse, etc..

Ive compared the PCs and video cards they are connected to and even running an 8500 attached to a a w2408h its quite an amazing picture..

I know that the big racks of displays are all running VGA so those are not really ones to directly compare.. but all that are tied to demo PCs just cannot seem to out perform (at least to my eyes) the HPs (22 and 24 inch)

Any have experiece with direct side by side comparisons of this HP monitor to a BenQ g2400w?

I am itching to click the purchase button for one of these.. I may go with the HP simply due to the fact that I'll get it from a local store and can exchange it if it does not perform as well once i get it on my system (Quad q660 w/ MSI 8600GTS OC)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

It seems every day I come across a monitor that could potentially be better than BenQ G2400W for my needs, and the HP w2408h happens to be that monitor for today. Has anyone here used the HP with both PC and PS3 games that could comment?

I think what you like is the glossy coating type of screen. But if you are at best buy again, check out the screen attached to the 24" apple imacs. The hp monitor is fine for a tn panel, but the apple screen is an H-IPS panel. Side by side, the apple screen would be orders of magnitude more detailed and rich in color. And more accurate. It's only flaw, IT'S ATTACHED TO A MAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe,

I haven't but other than the single digital and single analog connector, it looks like it could be good.

No one has confirmed how it handles 1080p from consoles.

I do know 100% that it has 1:1, aspect, and fill ratio settings, because I know how the OSD works from playing with it at the store. The clerk didn't appreciate me taking his 1024x768 and shrinking it to a half of the screen size. :)

What I don't know is how it handles HD sources over HDMI, but I would think it should be decent.

Regards,

10e

It seems every day I come across a monitor that could potentially be better than BenQ G2400W for my needs, and the HP w2408h happens to be that monitor for today. Has anyone here used the HP with both PC and PS3 games that could comment?

I have the HP w2408h on my PS3 and it looks very good, it's running in full 1080p and i use 1:1 pixel mapping. I can truly say this is the best monitor i have ever purchased. On a side note for anyone who is interested i have an LG panel and not the Samsung, i have seen a comparison on both the Samsung and LG panels and to be honest there isn't a difference. Both panels are calibrated at HP and look the same, i really don't get the whole i want a Samsung panel not LG...believe me people there is no difference.

Rev: GTGF33
Panel: LPL_LM240WU3
Serial Number: 3CQ81347F2
Manufactured: March 08

Back