Digi Cam Poll: What Digital Camera do you use?

I would like to get started in photography.

What kind of camera do you guys recommend in the $200-$300 price range.

I have a little Casio QV-2300UX. I got it when it was on sale 4 years ago and it came with one of those IBM 340mb micro-drives. The dang thing gobbles batteries up like crazy and has an aweful delay. It does take ok pictures though. I am however in the market for a good modern camera as this one just doesn't cut it with taking outside pictures.

I finally got a digital camera a few months back. I ended up buying a Konica-Minolta Dimage Z1 refurbished. It arrived in excellent shape and came with the same accessories as if it were new. Primarily chose it based on the looks and since it has a movie mode with audio. However, there are some other nice things about it as well. Nothing but satisfaction, would buy again.

Canon Rebel XT w/ Kit lens + Sigma 24-135mm F2.8-4.5 lens.
Sony DSC-V3 that is my "go with me" camera! :p

Fuji S2 Pro
Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF DX AF-S
Nikon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF
Nikon 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6D ED

Fuji F10

Love them both!

Up until yesterday, I was using a PowerShot G6.

Now I'm using a 350D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6, EF 50mm f/1.8 and a 52mm circular polarising filter. :D

Oh, and a Speedlite 420EX.

Canon EOS D60 Digital
Canon 70-300mm IS Lens
Tamron 28-105 IF Lens

Rebel XT with a lot of $$ lens, Pentex WP(because it is waterproof), and the Sony F717.

Olympus Evolt E-500 w/ 2 lens kit (14-45 & 40-150 Zuiko lenses)

Just updated my setup. Put in an order for the new 18-200mm ED-IF VRII DX Nikkor, should arrive next week.

Best part, is the Household Comptroller (SWMBO) OK'd the expenditure. Of course, telling her that it'll help me take better pictures of our trips together is like pouring gas on a fire (she scrapbooks, so she always wants me to take more and better pictures)

Now, I just need to get permission to upgrade to the D200...and get a new tripod...and add a couple of external flashes...and setup a home studio...

Current setup:
Nikon D70
18-70 DX Nikkor kit lens
50mm 1.8 AF Nikkor
70-200 AF Nikkor
soon to be 18-200mm VR DX Nikkor

im using an HP Photosmart M22.... its 4mp and it does fine for my strictly social use...its small enough... the only thing i hate is the AA batteries - i hate having to charge batteries instead of a NimH or Lithium battery or seomthin

jay1227 said:
im using an HP Photosmart M22.... its 4mp and it does fine for my strictly social use...its small enough... the only thing i hate is the AA batteries - i hate having to charge batteries instead of a NimH or Lithium battery or seomthin

So wait NimH/Lithium batterys you don't charge?! :confused: :p

Recently picked up a Sony DSC-R1 from Tokyo, however I am a complete n00b when it comes to photography allthough I'd like to start.
Anyone have any experience/comments about this camera? The pictures look good but they seem to lose quality when I resize and convert them (so I can email them etc).

Pentax Optio 430RS
It's weird..(focuses on words rather than the center of the viewfinder and I'm not sure how to change this...)
Also, there is no way to turn the flash off, I've tried unchecking the box that says enable flash and it still flashes =O

Now have a Canon EOS 20D in addition to the Olympus C750
EFS 17-85 USM IS
EF 28-105
EF 75-300 II

jay1227 said:

get the energizer ones... w/ the 15 minute charger... its great... although in 15 minutes it only charges to about 80%... its more like 20-25 minutes for a full charge... beats the 4 hour ones... and they are great batteries!

olympus c-5050 zoom

next camera i get will have chance out lens, least for photography. for every day pics i think im gonna get something lighter.

i go to a few conventions and talked to the press there, most rent a high end camera for $30-$40 a day. i might do that instead of buying a $3000-$12000 camera for myself. unless i score a hell of a deal on a older high end model.

Canon 20D | Sigma 20-40mm f/2.8 EX | Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 USM | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX Macro | Sigma EF-500 DG ST Flash

Canon SD400. Works great for the non-photography buff that still likes decent quailty pics in a small point and shoot camera.

Canon PowerShot A520
It's my mom's camera but I use it a lot. Takes nice pics of my computers :)

Canon EOS 350d/Rebel XT

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8
50mm f/1.8
17-40mm f/4
28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM (sold)
BG-E3 grip

Also got the kit lens knocking about somewhere but not used it since about June last year.

Back