Different PSU cables

BroHamBone

[H]ard|Gawd
I understand the possible consequences of using designated PSU cables on a different PSU...so I dont know why Im asking this..

You think it would be safe for me to use PCIE cables from evga 850g2 supernova on an seasonic x1250 psu?

I have the cables for the x1250, but they are boxed up somewhere in storage under the piled high boxes. :p

In the end I will probably buy a matched cable, but was wondering if the tech specs were identical and safe to use if that fact holds true.

If the pinout and keying is the same, then the cables are functionally equivalent. (You don't say, but I'm figuring you're asking about "modular" cables on the output side of the power supply. In the input side, I'd use any IEC-spec UL-approved mains cable.)

Not safe at all. Even if they're part of the same model line, there's no guarantee that the models will share the same pinout

If the pinout and keying is the same, then the cables are functionally equivalent. (You don't say, but I'm figuring you're asking about "modular" cables on the output side of the power supply. In the input side, I'd use any IEC-spec UL-approved mains cable.)

I took look at the evga cables and a single pcie runs 8pin from psu to a 6+2 and 6 ping to gpu...

I think the seasonic, without looking, was 12 ping to 6+2 and 8 ping to gpu...

I ended up ordering one..

Back