• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Different fans for noctua D15

Silent Wings 3 high speed would be better than TY 143 if you don't like the sound of the Noctua fans they are very similar plus they would have ball bearing noise.
 
TY-147A is good too. TY-143 sounds the same as TY-147A at the same RPM, so not loud at all. You notice it at about 1700RPM or so. But if you already have some background noise its not bad. 2500RPM is a bit loud.
 
Silent Wings 3 high speed would be better than TY 143 if you don't like the sound of the Noctua fans they are very similar plus they would have ball bearing noise.

I was going to say the same thing. I have a couple of those in my case and they work great. That mounting is strange though. Looks like it's 120mm mounting squeezed onto a 140mm fan.
 
I"ve used a lot of Thermalright TY-14x fans. TY-143 are great! As already said, they make almost identical sound to TY-140 and TY-147, but TY-143 use ball bearings, as years go by they do a very low rumbling noise. This is common with ball bearing fans and you have to be really close to hear them. If I have side off of case and put my ear about 6" from them I can hear the balls rolling. If you have long hair I don't advise trying to listen to them. :D
 
I emailed Noctua, it sounds like they will be sending me a new set of fans (these have been in service 5 years!) we will see what happens
Was just going to suggest that. Noctua has one of the best if not the best customer support of cooler companies.
 
What in tarnation. Wasn't there a user here who had issues with their A12x25 fans not following PWM - I don't believe he was asked to actually destroy the fans lmao.
 
Are rounded framed fans the new "in" like the Thermalright one? Is it because the 140mm fans are mounted in 120mm and provide more static pressure? I am shopping for a couple fans for the radiator on my Ryzen setup.
 
urm, I thought it only went to 1200/1300RPM?
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, TY-147A+B rev to about 1400RPM, and TY-143 revs to 2500-2600RPM depending on your cooler.

I am using TY-147A+B as case fans atm. They are labeled Chassis #1 and OPT1 and both at the top. TY-143 on the CPU. Ive got 4x 120x38s on a controller @ 7v right now pushing as much, or slightly more than the Thermalrights.

Capture.PNG
 
Back
Top