Difference between AS and AS5

M@

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
163
I had an old tube of the original arctic silver sitting around so I used that rather than the thermal pad that came with my heatsink.

I was wondering if there is enough difference between Arctic Silver and Arctic Silver 5 to consider redoing all of it.

I'm getting temps of 56 degrees max under load now with a case temp of 28 degrees so it's not like i'm too hot now, just wondering if I would see an improvement at all between the two pastes.
 
I've tried all 3 and as MontyAC stated not much difference.
I'd go with ceramique.
 
all you gotta do is unclamp it and do a little twist back and forth and pull off. I do it with my AS5 when i release it.
 
yah... worst case scenario... you slide it off. No biggie. Now on the other hand... if you are a MORON and pull and pull straight back... you can rip the ZIF off your motherboard. ... or jerk the proc. out and bend some pins.

I LAUGH at the idiots that have done that. I did it once just for kicks on a fried mobo, and it takes a LOT of force to do it.
 
wtf is wrong with people... READ!

i did it on a FRIED motherboard with a FRIED chip as a test.
 
Let's recap. Whats the difference between original AS and AS5?
Five revisions

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh sorry I lost my head. Another vote here for either Ceramique or AS Alumina. Not much difference on temps and a boatload easier to clean off if the occasion ever arises and you know it will
;)
 
Originally posted by md262626
Let's recap. Whats the difference between original AS and AS5?
Five revisions
;)

Actually, there was no AS4 due to superstitious considerations towards Chinese and Japanese :p
 
Back
Top