Did You Find AoC Today?

EB/GS are selling their preorders. I have read a report of someone going in and buying a copy at EB. A lot of people are getting their copy delivered today. EB/GS has charged my card, but I don't know if they shipped it yet. I never have any luck with their online order history. I always get the 'your order has been shipped' email after my order is delivered and the order history is always blank until after I get my orders.

While you may be able to get it now, it doesn't do any good. Servers wont be online until the 17th for Early Access people and the 20th for normal launch.

I got a call from Gamestop last night telling me my pre order collectors edition would be instore today. I have confirmed that it is indeed there waiting on me.

Funcom has also discontinued the Early Access option, so even if you do find a pre-order box, you won't be able to download the client or log in to play until the 20th for the full release.

I had pre-ordered a regular edition from Gamestop. Well I searched around for any places that had any extra CEs and I found one. Some nice dude at the Gamestop in the mall a county over from where I live held the game for me till I got there. The CE is EPIC. If you have the chance to pick it up, do so.

Funcom has also discontinued the Early Access option, so even if you do find a pre-order box, you won't be able to download the client or log in to play until the 20th for the full release.

Did they really? Link?

That's pretty dumb, you'd have thought they'd take into account the number of preorders that were actually being made when setting the EA quotas. Not to mention why should the capacity be any less for EA than for launch day? Bit of a cock-up, really.
Oh well, as long as the launch itself isn't a complete farce I don't really care.

the retailers were supposed to email EA keys to those that preordered... many that did get in EA pre-ordered online and got theirs.

I ordered online, and got the registration code, but the Conan website wasn't accepting registrations at that point and then I completely forgot about it. Oops.

Just Adding to your statement. If you registered your key for Early Access already, you should get in still. If you didn't register it yet, you might not get in.

With 28 servers world wide, 15 in just the US, this is a big Early Access launch. They plan to add more servers for the regular launch.

I went to my local Gamestop today and they had a bunch of them still! I was able to get a copy(reserved) and was able to get a key for the war mammoth.

I'M THRILLED!!

Me and my friend picked it up our CE this morning, granted we did pre-order way back in march. Was fun with a guy offering me $200 for my copy, but hell no, I'm gonna keep my CE for myself. Anyway, if you DO have the CE, check out page 105 on the art book, hehehe...

Was fun with a guy offering me $200 for my copy, but hell no, I'm gonna keep my CE for myself.

Wow, not sure who i think is the bigger dummy: the guy offering $200 for the game or you not taking the money...

that sucks i guess i will now wait to see the reviews on monday. I was gonna run out and get a copy today if I could get early access but since I cant no need in wasting the 50 bucks.

Gonna wait for reviews myself - jumped on the LOTRO bandwagon to start - although it was a good game, I found something missing. If this one doesn't pan out, there's always WAR.

Early launch is impressive so far getting 60fps with DX10 everything high 1680 x 1050 resolution 16AA. Night and day difference performance from open beta weekend.

edit: sm shader4.0 is not in yet but you can enble the dx10 option in game.

In a few areas of the single instances I can get 190fps.

ToS Fatality

f_Manyakpictum_d2c77a2.png

f_Manyakpictum_e673b3b.png

All the talk about open beta being the final client and so close to launch not much will change..there will be no miracle patch has just been debunked.
The game delivers so far and thats the bottom line.

Early launch is impressive so far getting 60fps with DX10 everything high 1680 x 1050 resolution 16AA. Night and day difference performance from open beta weekend.

Agreed. This game is awesome.

Wow, not sure who i think is the bigger dummy: the guy offering $200 for the game or you not taking the money...

i don't really need the money, so why would i take his money and leave me with no CE? :p

anyway, fun fun fun with the early access, except for the 3.5 hours delay in launch, everything is going smoothly, i barely experienced any lag, and it looked hella better than the closed beta we were using.

also, with the rig in my sig, gaming at 1920x1200, dx10, all settings at high (or highest they can go w/ the sliders) i get around 55-70 fps outside, so i think aoc will scale well with older pcs; my friend who runs it on a 7600 gs and a core 2 duo 2140 can run his on high at 1280x1024... dx9 though and winxp

on dx10 1440x900 all default "high settings" i never dip below 40 fps even outside fighting with a group. im thinking about lowering the draw distance a bit and maybe trying a little AA...though the world is just so beautiful, i may hold off on that for a while haha.

Servers are down right now for a little tweaking. But yea the performance is on par with LOTRO.

If you've got a 8800gt / 4 gigs ram you can run this with all high settings and get about 40 fps average.

Anyone play with other settings such as sliders, weird thing is if I max them all from around middle to all the way to the right I get about 10-15 avg better fps. This launch will be the smoothest launch in mmo history (well my limited history of AO, Daoc, and WoW.) They pulled a last minute derek fisher clutch miracle patch outta their asses lol.

If you buy from Gamestop/EBGames, are you guaranteed to get the code with the War mammoth and 8 slot bag?

No you are not gauranteed unless I think you buy online. I went in and picked up my copy and yesterday and did not get my code even though on their website it says if you order by Monday you will get it.

Your playing this game. You have a friend who plays WoW. You want him to play along with you in this game. How would you get this friend to quit WoW and play this game?

i want to say your retail game comes with a 7-day trial....that's how you get your friend to quit WoW imo haha.

I played 22 levels before I realized I didn't have DirectX 10 enabled. I was already impressed with the graphics but after I turned on DX10, holy shit... the graphics. Absolutely amazing. I'll try to get some shots up later.

Edit: Apparently DX10 isn't even in game yet. Uhh... well alright.

Funcom said:
While Funcom is thrilled with the early success of Age of Conan, and proud of the game launching this week, the company regrets to inform gamers that the DirectX 10 version of the game will not ship with the initial launch. As Microsoft?s DirectX 10 is undoubtedly the future of PC gaming, Funcom has decided to ship only the DirectX 9 version at launch, giving the team more time to focus on building a DirectX 10 version worthy of Microsoft?s great vision for the future of PC gaming. This postponement will let Funcom include even more features in the DirectX 10 version of Age of Conan than originally planned.

The DirectX 10 version will be premiered at the German Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, August 20 ? 24, 2008. A special preview showing off the advanced graphics made possible by DirectX 10 technology will be unveiled this summer at nVidia's NVISION event in San Jose, California, August 25 - 27, 2008.

Link: http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&func_id=1293&table=CONTENT&item=1004

I played 22 levels before I realized I didn't have DirectX 10 enabled. I was already impressed with the graphics but after I turned on DX10, holy shit... the graphics. Absolutely amazing. I'll try to get some shots up later.

Edit: Apparently DX10 isn't even in game yet. Uhh... well alright.

Link: http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&func_id=1293&table=CONTENT&item=1004

Please do take some screenshots. I am probably going to pick the game up today from Gamespot, their site said that they had it in stock.

How is the leveling? You said that you have already got to 22, seems a tad fast?

Got my copy from Gamestop on friday, and I got the early access, and have claimed my mammoth.

The game has been great so far, my conq is up to 23. The leveling is fairly fast, but max level is 80. They have estimated about 250 hours to 80

No lag or crashes yet on the rig in my sig and running XP DX9. I'm not running of full graphics, but I am running 1680X1050 res.

I was in the file planet beta but I could not play the game, the patcher would launch, patch the game, would hit play and it would not do anything, tried uninstalling/reinstalling, same problem. I wanted to play the game to see if I liked it to know if I wanted to purchase it or not.

You have to buy the game to play it now, or get someone's buddy key to try it for a week.

I MADE ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooT. I have a 150 gig raptor now I have 31.7 gigs free, just enough for this game.

How is the soloability of this game? Leveling speed? Size of the world?

I don't have much time to play and when I do it's in small amounts of time so i'm hoping it's very solo friendly.

Back