DId I make the right decisions

Penguini

n00b
I (stupidly) used some of my gigantic student loan to order parts for a mid range gaming rig. My budget was around $800. Needed to be done, as I was still rocking a 7600GT and a 939 AMD X2.

Here's what I went with:

System board: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775 R
CPU: Intel E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
Memory: 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2
GPU: Nvidia XFX GTX275

The rest went into a power supply, case, and a new keyboard and mouse. So, did I make good decisions here?

yeah, should be good enough for a gaming/work computer, assuming the PSU isn't a junker, and the case has sufficient airflow abilities

Should have gone with a Phenom II rig. Maybe a Radeon 4890 instead of a GTX 275. Depends how much you paid for the 275. They are about the same in performance.

Regarding using part of the gigantic student loan on a gaming PC: Meh. Your life and your financials.
Regarding buying those particular parts: Assuming you bought within the last month or so and are here in the U.S, a Phenom II setup would have been a better buy from a price to performance perspective.
Regarding whether or not those parts are bad: Good parts but just not good enough for the money

i agree with danny with student loan money i problably would of gone with a phenom setup. i do think that is a nice system though.

its a better system then what he currently owned. You guys and your negativity

Yeah, you bastards! You should just lie to him to make him feel better. Can't be hurting people's feelings here...gotta make sure you pull lies out your ass so you don't hurt them.

Back