Did I get ripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just got this processor (amd 64 3000+) off of ebay last week. Now I'm a retard when it comes to computer hardware so please bare with me. When I opened up the box... the proc seems to be in rough condition. Here are some pics...

picture001.jpg

Is it suppose to be chipped like that???

picture002.jpg

... and are the pins suppose to look like that??? I can't get it to stay in the mobo....plz help thanks.

Yes sir, you got jacked ... though the more pressing question was already asked:

Originally posted by BlindedByScience
No offense, but...is this a "for real" question...??

B.B.S.

If it's a "for real" question;

- It's not an A64 (I'm 99.9999% sure)
- The core is wasted
- The pins.....I don't know where to begin

Other than some entertainment value, it's garbage.....you need to get your money back, pronto.

Good Luck - B.B.S.

No chance in hell this poster is serious.
Also, there is NO WAY to bend the pins in THAT many diffent directions without deliberate intent.

If you don't mind, I'd like you to post the ID of the eBay seller which you say you bought this from.

Looks normal. Try some Elmers Glue and stick it on the mobo instead of using the pins.

Yeah, 64's have heat spreaders.

You got royally screwed, man. Looks like someone rolled over that thing in a car.

Get your money back and report the seller to, well, everybody. Negative feedback, BBB, the whole nine yards.

...kinda funny though...

hmm, now that BBS mentions it, it doesn't seem like an Athlon64. The heat spreader's not there (or maybe it got stripped off), and middle of the pin side looks too big.

I think if you can't tell the difference between a physically intact proc and totally f'ed up one, you shouldn't be allowed on the [H].

This will teach you to not buy this stuff off ebay, let alone trust sellers.

Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure that's an early Athlon XP. Thoroughbred, probably. Not enough bridges.

Maybe someone just put the HSF on a bit too hard? :p

You have to be full of shi* there is no way you can be serious about this. Even if you dont know anything about hardware you must have an IQ of 10 to think that the thing will fit in your board.

Hey guys I managed to straiten the pins and get it working. Yeah its coming up as a athlon 1.2. I'm deffinetly giving this guy neg. feedback.

LIES.

Again, can you provide me with the link to the eBay auction, or at least the seller's user ID?
I'd like to check this out for myself.

Originally posted by BillLeeLee
My god...

You must have like 700 bent pins on that thing.

You got HOSED.
I counted them. He's got 462 pins bent.

Now I just call BS.

Some flaws with what you just said:

1.) Athlon64 chips are socket 754. Athlons are socket A, which have 370 pins. Are you gonna tell us that you either magically slipped a slot A chip into an Ath64 socket, or that from the beginning you had an Athlon non-64 board?
2.) No fricking way you could've straightened out all those pins in such a short amount of time.

This is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back