Did i get ripped off?

ninerfan

Limp Gawd
I just received my new XFX 5770 from TD. the default clocks on the gpu are 830 when it should be 850. I know its not much, but out of principle, i fell ripped off. Anyone else come accross something like this. The clocks are reported the same for catalyst CC and GPUz both show 830 for the gpu

Update: I was able to fix the issue, well it fixed itself. I tried testing the card in a different pc, it work fine in there. Then i reinstalled it in my main pc again, and it work fine in there as well. I changed nothing, same drivers, can figured out what the issue was, oh well.

Last edited:
go into CCC and change it to 850? I mean, it's not like they're going to know if you have to RMA it or anything.

Not worth bitching about. You could have changed the clock speeds in a tenth of the time it took you to make this thread. :/

I did change it to 850, Just tried it out in some games and it locks up every so often in TF2.
Its the XFX 577X-ZNFC, which the spec on their site says the clock range from 850-875

Its going back. Thanks for the help though.

My post was to put the info out there more than anything else, i really didnt need help with the actual problem. i probably should have made that more clear. sry

I did change it to 850, Just tried it out in some games and it locks up every so often in TF2.
Its the XFX 577X-ZNFC, which the spec on their site says the clock range from 850-875

see, you didn't say you in the OP that you had actually tried to fix the problem :D

It locks after a 20mhz overclock? WTF. The default clock is 850 core 1200 mem.

Weird that it came underclocked. Does the underclock suggest someone lower the clock to get a dud through the pipeline to get better yield numbers. Man, I hope not.

I think it IS worth bitching about. He got an underclocked dud for (I assume) full price. Screw that.

2 choices:

RMA to TD for a replacement that may exhibit the same flaw.
or
Contact XFX for RMA and see what they give you.
I would call XFX just to see what they say.

software glitch ---------)
set it .. to 850 suck it up..
kidding , reinstall drivers maybe
the lock ups prolly driver related not if it playes other games fine.

i have had about 15 or 16 of that exact card, the one with the egg shaped cooler. all of them are runing at 850mhz default, as far as i know. so i would rma it.

I did try to set at 850, until I tried to play FT2, L4D1 and 2, BC2. none of them will play at what is supposed to be THE default clock for the 5770.

Anyways i decided that the MSI 5770 Hawk was a better buy at newegg so i ordered that.

I will sort this one out with XFX, as LeviathanZERO suggested. if they dont do anything but offer me a replacement i will just return it.

Seems kinda dirty on XFX's part though doesn't it? I was developing a loyalty to them until this happened.

Return it and complain they sent you a unit that was tampered with, next time you have to purchase something remember what they did and shop some where else.

Back