• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Did i get ripped off?

ninerfan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 23, 2002
Messages
128
I just received my new XFX 5770 from TD. the default clocks on the gpu are 830 when it should be 850. I know its not much, but out of principle, i fell ripped off. Anyone else come accross something like this. The clocks are reported the same for catalyst CC and GPUz both show 830 for the gpu

Update: I was able to fix the issue, well it fixed itself. I tried testing the card in a different pc, it work fine in there. Then i reinstalled it in my main pc again, and it work fine in there as well. I changed nothing, same drivers, can figured out what the issue was, oh well.
 
Last edited:
go into CCC and change it to 850? I mean, it's not like they're going to know if you have to RMA it or anything.

Not worth bitching about. You could have changed the clock speeds in a tenth of the time it took you to make this thread. :/
 
I did change it to 850, Just tried it out in some games and it locks up every so often in TF2.
Its the XFX 577X-ZNFC, which the spec on their site says the clock range from 850-875

Its going back. Thanks for the help though.

My post was to put the info out there more than anything else, i really didnt need help with the actual problem. i probably should have made that more clear. sry
 
I did change it to 850, Just tried it out in some games and it locks up every so often in TF2.
Its the XFX 577X-ZNFC, which the spec on their site says the clock range from 850-875

see, you didn't say you in the OP that you had actually tried to fix the problem :D
 
It locks after a 20mhz overclock? WTF. The default clock is 850 core 1200 mem.

Weird that it came underclocked. Does the underclock suggest someone lower the clock to get a dud through the pipeline to get better yield numbers. Man, I hope not.

I think it IS worth bitching about. He got an underclocked dud for (I assume) full price. Screw that.
 
2 choices:

RMA to TD for a replacement that may exhibit the same flaw.
or
Contact XFX for RMA and see what they give you.
I would call XFX just to see what they say.
 
software glitch ---------)
set it .. to 850 suck it up..
kidding , reinstall drivers maybe
the lock ups prolly driver related not if it playes other games fine.
 
i have had about 15 or 16 of that exact card, the one with the egg shaped cooler. all of them are runing at 850mhz default, as far as i know. so i would rma it.
 
I did try to set at 850, until I tried to play FT2, L4D1 and 2, BC2. none of them will play at what is supposed to be THE default clock for the 5770.

Anyways i decided that the MSI 5770 Hawk was a better buy at newegg so i ordered that.

I will sort this one out with XFX, as LeviathanZERO suggested. if they dont do anything but offer me a replacement i will just return it.

Seems kinda dirty on XFX's part though doesn't it? I was developing a loyalty to them until this happened.
 
Return it and complain they sent you a unit that was tampered with, next time you have to purchase something remember what they did and shop some where else.
 
Back
Top