• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Did I break something? i7 920

xeon

n00b
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
42
I read on one of the forums that one can get a stable 3.8 ghz simply by setting the BCLK to 180 and leave the rest at AUTO... so I tried that. When I got booted up the CPU was 68C. I rebooted, saw a CPU Temp warning from the POST, and set the BIOS back to default.

Now it seems like the voltage at the stock speed isn't holding up, so the speed drops to 1.6 GHz (unless I am reading this incorrectly).

9930_10100217851540581_2008308_60552635_2572869_n.jpg


Would someone comment on these readings? Thank you.
 
After the bad OC, a newer bios will reset everything back to default. Which includes turning on speed step.

Speed step will drop your speed/volts down when idle. Leave cpuz open and crank up a prime95 or something that hits all the cores/threads and you will see it go back to the factory speeds.
 
NO IT'S BORKEN....

or Intel get is game on.
(and the CPU is functioning perfectly)
 
Back
Top