Did Best Buy Cancel Anyone Else's SC2 Preorder?

ponet

n00b
I jumped on the 20% BCB at bbuy a couple of weeks back and preordered starcraft 2, but just received an email saying my preorders were canceled. No reason was given either; anyone else have this happen to them?

Pre-orders are stupid. Unfortunately, there's a hot chick at the bar I sometimes work at lots of times drink at that works in gamestop which coerced me to go in and visit and pre-order. Which makes ME stupid :D But seriously...its Blizzard. SC2 will be in the icecream isle of your local supermarket. Why give them 5 bucks to hold and earn interest on? Now if a hot chick is involved, that's a different story altogether ;)

Why give them 5 bucks to hold and earn interest on?

Because the OP got 20% off.

I'm with you on pre-orders. No reason to pre-order unless they give you a reason and 20% off is a good reason to me!

Yeah, they canceled mine too. I pre-ordered for full price in June. Oh well, no big deal for me, all I have to do is re-order. Oh, and I'll sign up for Reward Zone before I do order this time, so I get that $10.

I'm really sorry for you OP, it sucks that you had used BCB for 20% off, and BCB no longer exists.:(

i didnt pre order at best buy but i do have a pre order for collections edition .. wooo

Yeah, they canceled mine too. I pre-ordered for full price in June. Oh well, no big deal for me, all I have to do is re-order. Oh, and I'll sign up for Reward Zone before I do order this time, so I get that $10.

I'm really sorry for you OP, it sucks that you had used BCB for 20% off, and BCB no longer exists.:(

Actually, it exists until July 31st, 2010, and you can cash out any earned rewards until a year after that (July 2011).

Actually, it exists until July 31st, 2010, and you can cash out any earned rewards until a year after that (July 2011).
Oh okay, I thought it was June 31st.

but Best Buy BCB is down to 3%, so the deal OP got doesn't exist anymore.

Oh okay, I thought it was June 31st.

but Best Buy BCB is down to 3%, so the deal OP got doesn't exist anymore.

Hence why he's annoyed they cancelled his order, as he's missing out on 20% bing cashback as well as another coupon now :(.

Normally I don't like to preorder, but BB is offering an extra 500 gamer points ($10) if you preorder and you're in the Reward Zone Gamers Club. Since I'm going to get it anyway, it makes sense to preorder. I did the same thing with Super Mario Galaxy 2 when they had the same offer. That's in addition to the 500 gamer points you get per $150 spent on games and accessories and your regular reward zone points. Adds up quick....

Well they did give me a $10 credit as compensation for one of my preorders, only a $2 difference from my BCB savings so I guess it's not too bad. I did place two separate preorders at two separate Best Buys though, and haven't received an email about my second cancellation...

Back