DICE Dev Comments on how future consoles can catch up to PC's.

lol

ya, as usual, on release they catch up and then months later the PC has new toys out and the console is left in the dark.

So consoles need more cpu and more ram and TADDA! they are like high end PC's...

Last edited:
yea but why do Devs care? they will build to the consoles first then the PC.

and DICE should just shut up, the sold out to the console crowds since BC2 came out. BF3 is still console rubbish in many ways.

In order to be as powerful as PC's, consoles need more power. How insightful, that interview must have been captivating in person.

argument is a fallacy and anyone, i repeat anyone with common sense knows this.

Console platform is static, while the PC platform is not....

argument is a fallacy and anyone, i repeat anyone with common sense knows this.

Console platform is static, while the PC platform is not....

While true, consoles also have the advantage of being designed from the ground up to play games. Developers can usually squeeze more out of the console hardware than you would think. This generation has just lasted so long that the consoles were tapped out a while ago. In the past, this state only lasted for around the last year of a console's cycle.

This generation has just lasted so long that the consoles were tapped out a while ago. In the past, this state only lasted for around the last year of a console's cycle.

I think the game developers are partially to blame. They realized they can release yearly installments of the same stuff over and over without innovation so it didn't "hurry" anyone on providing a newer console. Had the developers started shifting to PC only because they couldn't innovate on consoles anymore, I'm sure we'd probably get them sooner.

They're just milking the cow.

yea but why do Devs care? they will build to the consoles first then the PC.

and DICE should just shut up, the sold out to the console crowds since BC2 came out. BF3 is still console rubbish in many ways.

Because a big part of selling people a new game is increased graphics. If this did not apply, consoles would not even bother updating. This is especially true of a company making a realistic shooter. What separates BF from COD? I mean one of the huge selling points was increased graphical detail. TBH almost all the realistic shooters are fighting in a crowded space for players and the main driver of new sales is better graphics. Especially since most of the time the community freaks out if you change a gun or anything even minor (read CS players).

Back