"Diamonds" awesome timely support...

I didn't make the original claim, you did providing no facts to back it up, i have nothing to prove, i am asking you to prove your claim that you made :)

Diamond only lets you rma only once too unless they changed that. My friend had to rma his 4870x2 because it was doing crazy snow effect from failed ram on the card. It took nearly 2 months to get it back and they said he used his only rma per their policy at the time.

Yeah, Diamond fkn blows at customer service. I don't have personal experience, but I know a couple of cheapskate friends that do.

Also, I don't understand the hate on Sapphire. I've had one issue with a Sapphire card ever, and it was resolved in less than 2 hours completely over email. I've continued purchasing Sapphire products because of the good experience I've had with them (I've got 2x Vapor-X 5770 right now).

I didn't make the original claim, you did providing no facts to back it up, i have nothing to prove, i am asking you to prove your claim that you made :)

It would be a really big stretch to call it a "claim"as if its like I took out an article advertising false facts , I never offered up proof so my view point of Diamonds sales were purely opinion based and even if I didn't offer any "proof" you have yet to offer anything but you're opinion to disprove what I'm saying so around and around we go :)

I've owned a few Sapphire GPU's and liked them. Good prices also. Only issue is one (9800 pro) the cooling fan failed but that was fixed by buying a 3rd party fan and slapped it on.

lol... I was about to buy 2 Diamond Radeon HD 5770's @ frys...... After reading this I guess not... already learned my lesson from buying the BFG GTS 250's.........

Oddly enough i've never had a video card die until the BFG GTS 250 was DOA.

Diamond Banshee -> Diamond Voodoo 2 -> Quantum 3d Obsidian 24x -> Asus Geforce 2 -> Reference Nvidia Geforce 3 -> ATi Radeon 9800 -> BFG Geforce 6600 OC -> EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB -> BFG 8800 GTS 512MB -> PNY 9800 GTX+

All of these cards Never broke once after years of service.........

lol... I was about to buy 2 Diamond Radeon HD 5770's @ frys...... After reading this I guess not... already learned my lesson from buying the BFG GTS 250's.........

Oddly enough i've never had a video card die until the BFG GTS 250 was DOA.

Diamond Banshee -> Diamond Voodoo 2 -> Quantum 3d Obsidian 24x -> Asus Geforce 2 -> Reference Nvidia Geforce 3 -> ATi Radeon 9800 -> BFG Geforce 6600 OC -> EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB -> BFG 8800 GTS 512MB -> PNY 9800 GTX+

All of these cards Never broke once after years of service.........

Well I'm glad to help save you the headache. For ATi cards I recommend XFX for the double lifetime warranty personally.

I had a very similar issue with a 5870 from Sapphire. They don't even show any email address of the person you're talking to, they just have a bogus ticket system where you're talking to a nameless entity somewhere in the world. It wasn't that they took a long time to reply, it was that they kept me dancing in circles for over a month by immediately asking me dumb questions that wouldn't give them any more useful information to see if I'd just give up and stop asking for an RMA.

I told them one of the DVI ports was bad in the initial RMA request... then they asked me if I needed to use all of them. I told them I might in the future, and I know that if I wait until that day they would probably definitely refuse my RMA then, so i want this taken care of now. It doesn't matter if I'm using it now, I paid for a working product and they didn't deliver.

After *several back and forths* they told me I need to contact email at some athlonmicro.com (wtf?).

I tried to contact them on multiple occasions with no response. I went back to Sapphire and they said "oh.. try this guy specifically at athlonmicro.com"

I did and he replied! He sent me a form to fill out which I did and sent back. Then he never replied again.

Sapphire support sucks ass.

Lol that almost made choke on my lunch. 5 months and they can't even write the response in proper english.

The old MX300 sound card was fantastic. That thing was just pimp when it was introduced.

The old MX300 sound card was fantastic. That thing was just pimp when it was introduced.

heh different company, Diamond as a company died ages ago.
But yeah diamond voodoo 2 was awesome :)

btw, has anyone ever tried to go directly to their office in chatsworth? It's pretty close to here so...

Try knocking on the door, then return a month later; I'm just someone will have opened it for you by then.

Maybe.

nah, in this kind of situation at least Diamond respond.

Sapphire... phew.... You won't see anything coming back from them or just plain ignorance.

Sapphire has delegated RMA support, in the US anyways to a company called Althon Micro. I basically got back a brand spanking new condition 5970 from them within two weeks of mailing out the defective video card. Based on that I'd rank Sapphire's rma support as pretty decent. This was just in the past several months though. I have no idea what their support was like, say 2 or 3 years ago.

That is beyond poor support, and Diamond will get theirs if they keep it up. I like the suggestion for a poll at [H] specifically regarding customer support quality. The best way to get a company's attention is to hurt their sales, and a highly visible poll will do exactly that if Diamond keeps up their poor support. At that point, they'll have no choice but to change the way they treat their customers, if they want to stay in business.

Also, a poll can go be a lot more telling than a few forum posts about bad personal experiences—which a company can ignore and call anecdotal.

You mean the nice soundcard they refused to make updated drivers for after a few months in production, when XP was released? I still have one of those, manuals,CD, and all. I got to use it for five months...then it was useless.

Well I'm glad to help save you the headache. For ATi cards I recommend XFX for the double lifetime warranty personally.

XFX is great, if you can find a damn reference model :rolleyes:

And FWIW... I only ever RMA'd something to Diamond once. Sent the card in, had delivery confirmation (confirmed delivery too). It was "lost" and nothing was ever returned in it's place.

I've only ever RMA'd a sapphire card once too. They received it and said, "This is not our card, we do not warranty cards from other vendors" and they sent it back to me. Guess they didn't notice the massive fucking SAPPHIRE sticker on it.

And that's when I went to nVidia for two years.

I've only ever RMA'd a sapphire card once too. They received it and said, "This is not our card, we do not warranty cards from other vendors" and they sent it back to me. Guess they didn't notice the massive fucking SAPPHIRE sticker on it.

And that's when I went to nVidia for two years.

Wow, how the fuck could they claim it wasn't a Sapphire card..?! That baffles me. With what some of you are reporting, I don't see how you're not reporting this stuff to the BBB or something. I'm sure if you escalate something enough it will get fixed (in these cases people fired). But I understand not wanting to deal with them anymore and just buying a new card (which I'm sure that's what they're banking on too, just hopefully their brand).

You just save me from making a purchase that I probably would regret one day.

I bought a Diamond XT1950 a few years back, I knew it wasn't the same Diamond I bought from in the 90's but I took a chance on the brand anyways. Card performed flawlessly and still run's in a friend's box today.

But when i received the card, it arrived in a plain white generic box with a b&w photo copy of the color label shown in the add.

I called Newegg pissed off because I thought they had sent me a reconditioned card when I had paid for retail. After a couple of days, Newegg confirmed that it was the retail box.

Never even looked at another Diamond product since then.

I loved my old Voodoo cards from them. Sad to hear the "new" Diamond isnt even a shadow of its former self. Looks like ill never buy another again.

I think I'll wait for the Gigabyte 6850 to come back in stock at Newegg rather than go forward with the Sapphire. Thanks for the info guys.

Back