Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I am at lvl 59 and met the Butcher yesterday and got my ass kicked in less than 30 sec. That thing is a pure evil, he is super fast like no other boss.

I don't either. Hell, I bought the Ultimate Edition. The game just doesn't have staying power in my opinion. Once quests drop off, renown is complete, and you are left with nothing but nightmare grinding all for the purpose of re-rolling a new character for S1...I dunno man, just doesn't seem well thought out for the future, unless that was the intention. Maybe the expect 75% of the people will drop off and only come back for a proper expansion. Plenty of years between D3/D4 with fresh ideas, new takes on the genre. This just feels...meh.
I doubt they care. For example, they already got you to pay an extra $30 for mostly cosmetics. Now any extra revenue they get for more cosmetic sales is just icing on the cake compared to D3.

I've been playing my ass off on PS5 all solo unless I run into people at events.
Lvl 55 Necro but no minions. I changed it up spear/storm/tendril build with lots of barrier and extra crit/chance bonus from gear. Before I finished campaign I went and set to tier 2 then finished then did capstone. Been flying around in nightmare today doing different stuff. Games way harder now but I haven't died yet and lots of sacred and a couple unique already. No complaints really. I'm never going to buy any cosmetics bullshit or anything so none of that stuff bothers me. I'm down and out with back issues this summer so this game is just what the doctor ordered. Normally I wouldn't have time but I'm actually glad this came out because I have no interest in any other gaming anymore besides soulsbourne stuff and I didn't love elden ring.

That's the vibe I got too, which is why I tuned into this thread to see what came of it.

Yeah, after the betas I had to hold off and see what would happen in the first month or so with people's experiences. $70 or more for the game helped too. Glad I did as I'm sure I would have regretted buying the game and gotten bored within a month, much like D3.

• Fixed an issue where no experience was awarded for completing the hold out style event that can occur after finishing dungeon objectives.
Huge. It was baffling that the game expected you to defeat waves of enemies while not rewarding any XP. Looks like the mobs still don't drop any loot, though, going by that note.

Also nothing but buffs in the balance changes after the constant nerfs since launch.

So how is the game in the end? Heard alot of mixed reviews. Just jumped back into d3 to get a feel of it again but not really sure I like their model of high starting price + battle pass nonsense on seasons.

I have a sorc at 55, completed campaign and am now playing with end game stuff. Also have a rogue, necro, and druid at 20.
I plan to level a rogue or necro for season one to experience the battle pass that came with the game. The basic armors in game are fine. I don't see myself ever buying into the battle pass after that. I'm still having fun but I will probably be done with the game after season one.

I like actions RPGs but usually get burnt out after a couple hundred hours. It will probably stay on my computer or get reinstalled every few years.
I feel like I got my money's worth.

I prefer the over-world in D3 simply because of the randomization aspect. Yes, it didn't totally randomize locations of the key dungeon entrances, etc. However, it at least made things different each time.

To me that is the biggest 'downgrade' of this game from a technology standpoint, and I don't understand why they didn't advance things the next step by giving even better procedural randomization for the overworld.

However, everything else in this game is generally a massive step forward. The game is already in a pretty good state given that we're still only in the launch period and not even the first season.

This I can agree on. I didn't pay a lot of attention to same-y world and only randomized dungeons because I expected it to be a MMO because of mounts, pvp and world bosses.
But it turns out that it apparently is not and has seasons where you start over like in Diablo 3. Which confuses me. Season 1 choices will make or break the game for a lot of people.

At least they changed world boss weekly spoils not to be lvl 80. I don't think they have a level limit on them as I was able to open them today on lvl 73 and they had no level requirement. Trash drops though.

So how is the game in the end? Heard alot of mixed reviews. Just jumped back into d3 to get a feel of it again but not really sure I like their model of high starting price + battle pass nonsense on seasons.

No point really after lvl 70 and arguably even earlier. Either make an alt or wait for season 1.

No point really after lvl 70 and arguably even earlier. Either make an alt or wait for season 1.
I was 55 when I ran out of side quests and maxed renown. I got to 72 from grinding the same 1-2 dungeons and now I'm just burnt out. Bored AF.

Finally finished the game using a sorcerer on level 56 . Like another poster I finally got a piece with life per second and amulet with life per close enemies and I started to tank everything. Lilith was a cake walk compared to some of the level 58 unique bosses. Going to do more side quests now...

idk what everyone is complaining about I'm having a great time.

D2Rsm.png

I don't know how that game can be great time ;-)
I got better things to do with my time than walk around instead of running or play inventory tetris with charms.
I like a lot of things about DII/DIIR, but if you don't follow a good guide you will be plagued with QOL issues. And even if you do you will probably still be hit with some of them.

The flask management, for example, can be a real PITA. At least you feel more powerful as you level up though and item drops are exciting.

Nice thing about D2 is you can port out of a boss fight and come back where you left off.

Reactions: t1k
like this
I hate and love this new patch - I'm pretty sure they nerfed my build and now everything in T4 seems a bit harder...

However, XP is MUCH better.

I hate and love this new patch - I'm pretty sure they nerfed my build and now everything in T4 seems a bit harder...

However, XP is MUCH better.
The patch notes say nothing about nerfs, unless they broke something again. They fixed the accidental nerf to Hammer of the Ancients with hotfix 13 on June 24.

Nit pick but since i've been playing grim dawn again...Why doesn't D4 have bad ass weapon effects? Like the graphics are amazing but there's no flaming swords or lightning axes or glowing green hammers etc. WTF? We want that shit.

The patch notes say nothing about nerfs, unless they broke something again. They fixed the accidental nerf to Hammer of the Ancients with hotfix 13 on June 24.
Not sure on Barb builds - but I've spent significant time on my Sorc build and was just absolutely murking T4 nightmare dungeons just a few days ago - now, I'm feeling significantly less powerful. Same level dungeons as well.

Not sure what they exactly cut back(or if they increased enemy damage/health overall) - but my overall damage has dropped and so has my resistance.

Not sure on Barb builds - but I've spent significant time on my Sorc build and was just absolutely murking T4 nightmare dungeons just a few days ago - now, I'm feeling significantly less powerful. Same level dungeons as well.

Not sure what they exactly cut back(or if they increased enemy damage/health overall) - but my overall damage has dropped and so has my resistance.
It doesn't look like any of the changes they made would have caused that to happen. It is annoying that the resistance scaling is broken on WT4, though. It caps at 30% with the way it works right now, and Blizzard said they won't rebalance it until season 2, so we have to wait 4 months.

Played couch co-op through campaign and had a blast. 30 hours according to the PS5.

Didn't finish a fraction of the side quests or other dungeons so plenty left to do.

I'd say unless you're planning on putting 100 hours you should end up really enjoying it. Well worth the $70

So did the capstone dungeon by getting some randoms near the area. Turned to WT3 and game is brutal. I just keep dying and that is it. Any dungeon I go to is instant death.

Yeah I think I am done. This is not fun.

Played couch co-op through campaign and had a blast. 30 hours according to the PS5.

Didn't finish a fraction of the side quests or other dungeons so plenty left to do.

I'd say unless you're planning on putting 100 hours you should end up really enjoying it. Well worth the $70
Problem is that some ARPG players expect to play this one game for thousands of hours and never get bored. Some are posting themselves playing older ARPG titles that they are not "over" playing yet. But they say they are bored with D4 already.

I have held off spending $70 on D4 because of the online component that made me lag like crazy during the open betas. I never could do high level rifts in D3 due to the lag. Then hearing about boredom in the endgame has me really worried.

I might still get it in a year at a discount. Everything goes on sale at some point. $39 to watch enemies twirl in place, disconnect, and login dead is fine. $70? Not so pleasant.

I'm 99% sure Path of Exile ruined just about every RPG for me.

If I don't have three dedicated monitors for the game, watching the markets, trade alerts, third party programs, and forty league mechanics to watch out for, I'm done. XD

Problem is that some ARPG players expect to play this one game for thousands of hours and never get bored. Some are posting themselves playing older ARPG titles that they are not "over" playing yet. But they say they are bored with D4 already.

I have held off spending $70 on D4 because of the online component that made me lag like crazy during the open betas. I never could do high level rifts in D3 due to the lag. Then hearing about boredom in the endgame has me really worried.

I might still get it in a year at a discount. Everything goes on sale at some point. $39 to watch enemies twirl in place, disconnect, and login dead is fine. $70? Not so pleasant.
exactly. this mentality of expecting thousands of hours of gameplay from a single expenditure, even if it is the $100 whoopty-do edition, is all too common these days. people are so entitled (often an older demographic of folks, i've noticed) that they feel cheated when they 'only' got 70 hours of gameplay before feeling bored or whatever the case may be.

exactly. this mentality of expecting thousands of hours of gameplay from a single expenditure, even if it is the $100 whoopty-do edition, is all too common these days. people are so entitled (often an older demographic of folks, i've noticed) that they feel cheated when they 'only' got 70 hours of gameplay before feeling bored or whatever the case may be.
What other games nowadays cash in at $100 from the start? I have about that much into Path of Exile and have been playing...every league I think since 2014. I've got 165h into Last Epoch and that was....$30 I think? Hell, I don't think the top ten most played games in my Steam library cost $100 combined.

Nit pick but since i've been playing grim dawn again...Why doesn't D4 have bad ass weapon effects? Like the graphics are amazing but there's no flaming swords or lightning axes or glowing green hammers etc. WTF? We want that shit.
Yes.

I felt it was worth the money, though I can understand why some feel disappointed. It and Harry Potter Legacy are the only modern AAA games I've purchased this year, and I can't think of another modern game or set of games that my money would have been better spent on to be honest.

I keep my expectations fairly low for modern games though. Other than POE, I have mostly just played much older, classic and indie/retro games for years now.

So did the capstone dungeon by getting some randoms near the area. Turned to WT3 and game is brutal. I just keep dying and that is it. Any dungeon I go to is instant death.

Yeah I think I am done. This is not fun.
Care to post some info about your build and maybe some of us can help? Sometimes a focus on too much damage and not enough defenses can be the problem.

Back