Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I'm kinda bummed I bought the game the 90.00 price was a pretty big waste for me. I was expecting alot more. I'm looking at slower paced games like Wartales. Or BG 3 when that comes out.
It's ok. I did the same but at least we get the season pass with the price level. Wartales... I picked it up early in the development and it was broken and linear, if it's good now I will revisit it.

Yawp. Glad I waited this one out.

I've probably spent around €200 already with Ultimate edition and a few skins in game and while I'm critical of the gameplay, I don't feel it's wasted money.
But I pretty much play only Diablo 4 and Fortnite so someone invested in other games might feel differently.

The hotfix released today broke Hammer of the Ancients on Barbarians, FYI. Blizzard said it's a bug and that they will fix it, so you'll need to temporarily spec into something else for the time being. The hotfix was for Druid getting Barbarian legendaries and a couple of fixes to Sorcerer that weren't nerfs (!).

The hotfix released today broke Hammer of the Ancients on Barbarians, FYI. Blizzard said it's a bug and that they will fix it, so you'll need to temporarily spec into something else for the time being. The hotfix was for Druid getting Barbarian legendaries and a couple of fixes to Sorcerer that weren't nerfs (!).
Sounds like they brought the Barb down to Sorcerer levels of damage!

That's the class most people went with, but it's by far the weakest class. Sure, there's a 2 minute uber Lilith kill with a Sorcerer, but it uses exploits as well as gear & skill switching. There's a 90 second Uber Lilith kill with a rogue that doesn't use exploits nor gear & skill switching. Other classes can kill her in 4-5 minutes, whereas the Sorcerer right now takes 13+ minutes if you plan on doing it legitimately.

I am at lvl 57 and I would say I die a lot. Need some resistance boost or smth otherwise is getting pain in the ass.

I am at lvl 57 and I would say I die a lot. Need some resistance boost or smth otherwise is getting pain in the ass.
Resistance doesn't do a lot for you right now from what I hear.

I found a couple items that helped my sorcerer a lot. One does increased life regen when I haven't been hit, normal affix.
The other is a legendary aspect that heals me based on how many enemies are close, up to 121 a second.
Found those two almost at the same time. Went from having to pay attention and using potions all the time to hardly ever needing them.
My attack power dropped several hundred when I equipped them but it was worth it.

Hello everyone,
just picked up AW3423DWF and have been searching around how I should set up HDR for D4.
Do I set hdr through win 11? The monitor? The game?
From what I can tell, sounds like the only place folks are enabling is within Windows, not in the display or in game.
is that accurate?
Thanks!

I'm kinda bummed I bought the game the 90.00 price was a pretty big waste for me. I was expecting alot more. I'm looking at slower paced games like Wartales. Or BG 3 when that comes out.

Why were you expecting more? Made by trazhard. Last diablo game was DI ffs
For $90 you could buy Chronicon, Hades, Vampire Survivors, Revita, and treat yourself to dinner. 5 experiences more entertaining than D4 without supporting a terrible company

I got some stupid ancient unique chest. Razor-something. No stats on it, only gives me like 12.000 thorns. I think that's from Diablo 1?

I got some stupid ancient unique chest. Razor-something. No stats on it, only gives me like 12.000 thorns. I think that's from Diablo 1?
I read somewhere it's OP. I didn't keep reading into it but there are thorn builds.

DDoS attacks showing how the persistent online nonsense just hurts the game. It'll be down Tuesday for quite a while so they can do maintenance

I read somewhere it's OP. I didn't keep reading into it but there are thorn builds.

The problem is my only character is a ranged rogue 😉

I logged in today just to kill one world boss. The lag was incredible (EU here). We manages to kill it somehow, but it took some 5 minutes and quite a few deaths.

Hello everyone,
just picked up AW3423DWF and have been searching around how I should set up HDR for D4.
Do I set hdr through win 11? The monitor? The game?
From what I can tell, sounds like the only place folks are enabling is within Windows, not in the display or in game.
is that accurate?
Thanks!
You need to enable it in both. HDR needs to be toggled in Windows Display Settings, which will make a checkbox for HDR appear in the game's settings that you need to enable. At that point the default brightness settings should work fine for your monitor.

I hit 50 last night. Did my first helltide and nightmare? dungeon. Gear dropping like crazy and game feels like it's taking off.

Funny thing is though. I feel more op. Most of my gear is the same from level 30-40. I almost felt like my barb got a buff from blizzard.

You need to enable it in both. HDR needs to be toggled in Windows Display Settings, which will make a checkbox for HDR appear in the game's settings that you need to enable. At that point the default brightness settings should work fine for your monitor.
Appreciate it.

I said it before launch and I'll say it again: No endless dungeon/levels or leaderboard = progression brick wall.
When you can see the end of the tunnel you lose motivation.
I agree and it aligns with many responses of criticism or disappointment I've seen not related to performance issues.

I'm going to assume that once Season 1 rolls out, the power creep D3 experienced will start to lure gamers to keep playing. Then it will be D3 all over again of the last 3 years.

I played D1 and D2 for far too many hours with friends back in the day. D3 I bought on release and I played maybe a third of the seasons, reached top 500 leaderboard (big whoop) on some of them. Never bought the necro expansion. Now I'm sitting out D4 until the first sale hits, which for Blizzard is notoriously late and rare in Blizzard universe. I know more than a few from my local LAN groups of past in the same boat which means Blizzard really needs to listen to masses vs streamers and impress us leisure gamers to join with our wallets. I don't see this happening.

Now to be fair, the group I talk of is now in our early 40's. Is this a factor in our decisions, maybe. My days of ultra grinding for gear giving me +2% power or a level with the best types of movements and mobs are long gone.

I am hoping I enjoy POE 2 more. The scaling makes the game feel pretty bland, and the itemization is kind of bland too.

I think I'm going to go back to POE for a while and revisit this game around Season 2 or 3.

I finally bought the game, and I'm not impressed, at all. I probably wouldn't have bought it, but my nephew is into it, and both of my brothers were enthusiastic about us all playing it together based on nostalgic memories of us playing Diablo 2 together as kids/teens. So I pretty much had to buy it. I played with one of my brothers and my nephew, with us all using laptops, and my other brother joined in over the internet, playing on his XBox.

I assumed that it would at least be a similar experience to when I played Diablo 3 ~10 years ago. Back then, my friend and I both bought the game and played through the campaign together. I don't recall ever playing the game much after that, but I had enough fun just playing through the campaign with my friend that I felt it was worth it. Then again, Diablo 3 wasn't $70...

I'm really not sure why, but Diablo 4 just felt boring to me. It also really did not seem like much of a graphical improvement over Diablo 3, despite advertising DirectX 12, DLSS, etc, etc.

The only thing I can figure is that I am so invested in World of Warcraft right now, and the games are very similar in may ways. Playing Diablo 4 feels like a simplified subset of what you can do in World of Warcraft, but with a darker story-line. And on top of that, it's frustrating to me that there is no "healer" role in Diablo 4 (I play a healer in WoW). The "heal yourself with healing potions and then scrounge for more" routine got old after about 5 minutes. It also feels like this game was designed to be just a bit too console friendly. I think that Diablo 4 might actually be easier to play with a controller - and that's not a good thing (for me and my preferences at least).

I was so bored, it was hard for me to even keep my eyes open.

Still on world tier 2. Not sure I want to try 3. Still need to do capstone. This is like work wtf.

I finally bought the game, and I'm not impressed, at all. I probably wouldn't have bought it, but my nephew is into it, and both of my brothers were enthusiastic about us all playing it together based on nostalgic memories of us playing Diablo 2 together as kids/teens. So I pretty much had to buy it. I played with one of my brothers and my nephew, with us all using laptops, and my other brother joined in over the internet, playing on his XBox.

I assumed that it would at least be a similar experience to when I played Diablo 3 ~10 years ago. Back then, my friend and I both bought the game and played through the campaign together. I don't recall ever playing the game much after that, but I had enough fun just playing through the campaign with my friend that I felt it was worth it. Then again, Diablo 3 wasn't $70...

I'm really not sure why, but Diablo 4 just felt boring to me. It also really did not seem like much of a graphical improvement over Diablo 3, despite advertising DirectX 12, DLSS, etc, etc.

The only thing I can figure is that I am so invested in World of Warcraft right now, and the games are very similar in may ways. Playing Diablo 4 feels like a simplified subset of what you can do in World of Warcraft, but with a darker story-line. And on top of that, it's frustrating to me that there is no "healer" role in Diablo 4 (I play a healer in WoW). The "heal yourself with healing potions and then scrounge for more" routine got old after about 5 minutes. It also feels like this game was designed to be just a bit too console friendly. I think that Diablo 4 might actually be easier to play with a controller - and that's not a good thing (for me and my preferences at least).

I was so bored, it was hard for me to even keep my eyes open.

Eh we must be playing a different game.

Eh we must be playing a different game.
People think there is too much walking, but in reality there isn't much more walking compared to Diablo III. The difference in Diablo IV is it isn't broken up by hard load points into the different acts, so the contiguous world makes it feel longer than it actually is. To be fair, the walking in D4 is a lot more empty than it is in D3.

People think there is too much walking, but in reality there isn't much more walking compared to Diablo III. The difference in Diablo IV is it isn't broken up by hard load points into the different acts, so the contiguous world makes it feel longer than it actually is. To be fair, the walking in D4 is a lot more empty than it is in D3.
I prefer the over-world in D3 simply because of the randomization aspect. Yes, it didn't totally randomize locations of the key dungeon entrances, etc. However, it at least made things different each time.

To me that is the biggest 'downgrade' of this game from a technology standpoint, and I don't understand why they didn't advance things the next step by giving even better procedural randomization for the overworld.

However, everything else in this game is generally a massive step forward. The game is already in a pretty good state given that we're still only in the launch period and not even the first season.

Why didn't they just make this game an MMO? Online only requirement, then get DDoS attacks all weekend and make the game unplayable. All to make people re-roll new characters every 90 days for seasonal content. This game will flatline back to a small size of hardcore players who enjoy seasonal content and the same grind over and over. Kind of weak after being the biggest franchise success for Diablo. I want to play S1 but I have reservations about doing the same shit over and over - no part of me feels that I will want to run 0-100 more than twice.

Why didn't they just make this game an MMO? Online only requirement, then get DDoS attacks all weekend and make the game unplayable. All to make people re-roll new characters every 90 days for seasonal content. This game will flatline back to a small size of hardcore players who enjoy seasonal content and the same grind over and over. Kind of weak after being the biggest franchise success for Diablo. I want to play S1 but I have reservations about doing the same shit over and over - no part of me feels that I will want to run 0-100 more than twice.
People must really hate Diablo II, Diablo III, and Path of Exile, if this is what the majority opinion is now.

People must really hate Diablo II, Diablo III, and Path of Exile, if this is what the majority opinion is now.
Comparing PoE to D4 is tough. PoE is a more specific target audience, and a lot harder to get into these days. D4 at launch having 10x+ the current peak player base of PoE. With D4, estimate the % of casuals - I'd say it's pretty high. The numbers always inevitably drop, I just think with this game they will drop a lot, very quickly.

To be fair, he is right that once the initial "wow a new game" and the first 2-3 seasons are done the player count will be low until expansion. POE is already a MMO and is far more in depth, variable and popular than Diablo. You can't really question the consistent negativity in this thread.

I'm making myself sound like Diablo hater with my posts but I really wanted it to succeed.

To be fair, he is right that once the initial "wow a new game" and the first 2-3 seasons are done the player count will be low until expansion. POE is already a MMO and is far more in depth, variable and popular than Diablo. You can't really question the consistent negativity in this thread.

I'm making myself sound like Diablo hater with my posts but I really wanted it to succeed.
I don't either. Hell, I bought the Ultimate Edition. The game just doesn't have staying power in my opinion. Once quests drop off, renown is complete, and you are left with nothing but nightmare grinding all for the purpose of re-rolling a new character for S1...I dunno man, just doesn't seem well thought out for the future, unless that was the intention. Maybe the expect 75% of the people will drop off and only come back for a proper expansion. Plenty of years between D3/D4 with fresh ideas, new takes on the genre. This just feels...meh.

It's just the type of game Diablo is. Now, maybe we as an audience have evolved past that, and that's certainly fine. Games have their time in the sun, then people move on to different things. But that doesn't invalidate what Diablo 4 is doing. It's just that as an audience, grinding as a core mechanic went from fun to busy work.

Back