Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I was a huge DII fan. Even hit #1 on ladder in one season. However, DIV's predatory practice of charging a premium to start earlier and the battle pass system made me refund both my pre-orders. :/

I'll wait until all the streamers give it their official gameplay review.

I was a huge DII fan. Even hit #1 on ladder in one season. However, DIV's predatory practice of charging a premium to start earlier and the battle pass system made me refund both my pre-orders. :/

I'll wait until all the streamers give it their official gameplay review.
Eh, I doubt you're going to hear anything negative from streamers, well, at least nothing major.

Video game reviews lately seem to be highly controlled by the publisher.

I hate that too. Cashing in on the FOMO. And $70 for the base game? meh. I bought RDR2 last night. Seemed ok. I'll play that until the price drops to ~$40 or so.

Hope you nephalems are hungry because the kfc promo is active.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/ne...ine-to-earn-diablo-4-in-game-cosmetics-333213

Just remember to link your KFC and battle.net accounts because that's a sentence I never expected to type.

diablokfc.png

I wonder why those chose KFC instead of Wendy's some other popular fast food maybe the 666 is too much for other franchises.
Maybe they couldnt think of clever item names like vessel of the 11 (herbs and spices) for the baconator. Looking at the link earlier, how'd they name that one item Foul Reaper Two Handed Scythe and not the obvious, Fowl Reaper?

I don't really plan to buy this game, but if I did I think I'd be embarrassed to have a KFC promotional item.

Can't wait because it's going to take me about 10-12 hours. I'm going to install it on my UBI SSD which is a 2TB Gen4 Samsung
I ended up just wiping BNet and reinstalling it yesterday due to it giving me a looping "restart and update" bug. I also installed the latest nvidia driver, but it looks like I need to do that again now since the 535.98 drivers just became available :atongue:.

Nvidia must of downsized the drivers they were close to 1TB now this one clocks in at 653 MBs

I wonder why those chose KFC instead of Wendy's some other popular fast food maybe the 666 is too much for other franchises.

KFC is a lot bigger than most people realize and they're ubiquitous all over the world. Someone in Austria or South Africa won't have the foggiest clue about Wendy's, but they'll know all about "Kentucky chicken."

KFC is a lot bigger than most people realize and they're ubiquitous all over the world. Someone in Austria or South Africa won't have the foggiest clue about Wendy's, but they'll know all about "Kentucky chicken."
Except these transmogs are for US only.

Especially in an isometric RPG.

Pure generational marketing.
I'd agree without ULMB2. But one thing I miss from the CRT days is the lack of motion clarity. Even though OLEDs are super smooth, it's still blurry on movement. This isn't the monitor's fault, but how our eyes work.

If you don't remember how crystal clear motion was on CRTs, trust me, this is a HUGE step up, and absolutely worth it.

I'd agree without ULMB2. But one thing I miss from the CRT days is the lack of motion clarity. Even though OLEDs are super smooth, it's still blurry on movement. This isn't the monitor's fault, but how our eyes work.

If you don't remember how crystal clear motion was on CRTs, trust me, this is a HUGE step up, and absolutely worth it.
Oh I member, I lugged a huge 19 inch Samsung Syncmaster over to a friends house every weekend for LAN parties, up stairs!

OLED still uses sample and hold methodology for image frames. This is improved by using black frame insertion (BFI), which is a built-in feature you can turn on with most OLED televisions these days. Since OLED doesn't use a backlight like LCD do, they just insert a black frame to clear the image before the LEDs transition to the next one. Hopefully that is brought to monitors as more are made.

Non-spoiler Review NDA has lifted.
"So there you have it. There are still, annoyingly, a few unknowns about the live-service parts of the game, and if you’re interested in Diablo 4 but are unsure about its new direction, there’s an easy solution: just wait. Give it some time to see how the community reacts when people start pumping hundreds of hours into this thing. As a plus, you'll be able to skip over any launch issues that crop up, though Blizzard is confident it can handle the load this time around.

But if you love ARPGs and enjoyed the combat of Diablo 3 and the atmosphere of Diablo 2, I think you're going to love this game. It's not as brain-meltingly complicated as a Path of Exile, but it doesn't want to be. This is streamlined, big-budget loot hunting, and I absolutely love it. Ignore the monetization nonsense, vibe out on the demon slaying, and you'll have a great time.

The good​

• Fantastic art direction that returns the series to its grim roots
  • Entertaining story that kept me interested throughout
  • Polished, punchy, and super-fun combat
  • A giant open world and plenty of endgame content to keep you busy

The bad​

• You can ignore them, but the game's microtransactions are galling
  • Some unknowns about the future of the shop and the live-service elements of the game
  • Replacing legendary aspects on gear can be tedious
  • Skill trees could be more interesting

The ugly​

• Me, unwashed, sleep-deprived, and malnourished a week after release
Verdict: If you're a series fan, buy it. If you're skeptical, wait a few weeks or months to see how the unknowns work out in the live game."

1685462974398.png

Source: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/05/diablo-4-review-off-to-a-hell-of-a-good-start/

Loved Diablo, completed Diablo 2. But 3 was just boring. These days there are lots of similar games. Does this add anything new except better graphics?

I am at 3840@60Hz
I wonder how its going to perform...
If your sig is accurate, not great. R9 270 is getting up there. I'm not even sure if it'll run at all on that. Performance at 4K on my card is solid.

If your sig is accurate, not great. R9 270 is getting up there. I'm not even sure if it'll run at all on that. Performance at 4K on my card is solid.

The sig is old... Just got upgraded to 13700K@4070 Ti.

I still keep around an old 22in and 19in (NECs) for various things. The image quality, colors, motion, blacks are really something that even OLED hasn't hit fully yet. And if you fire up say Quake 3 or Quake 1, something really fast with high contrast, and play it on a CRT and then play it on anything else the difference is crazy.

Still waiting for something that comes close to it, and won't cave in your desk!

Back