Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

1684005635347.png
||

Why???

The game was consistently using 21G of my 4090's memory... smooth as hell 4k and just some little hitching transitioning to cut scenes.. visually stunning and the audio matches.. When I cast the blood surge spell the sound hits me in the chest and really adds to the experience. Almost like chain lightning used to be in D1.. just BAM BAM and the room is dead. I have some Presonus Eris5's with a small 8" Pioneer 100w sub and man it's powerful and tight. This game makes me wanna turn it way up.

I made it to lvl17 yesterday and am enjoying it about as much as the other betas. I think I might roll a different class today or tom just for grins.. The necro nerf is real. My simp army gets trampled by any boss.. just constant deaths managing getting them back up if I can.. I finally made it to a place where I can bolster their stoutness with skills so maybe they'll be more sturdy ... they locked away that further down the skill tree looks like. Still having fun with the necro though.

The game was consistently using 21G of my 4090's memory... smooth as hell 4k and just some little hitching transitioning to cut scenes.. visually stunning and the audio matches.. When I cast the blood surge spell the sound hits me in the chest and really adds to the experience. Almost like chain lightning used to be in D1.. just BAM BAM and the room is dead. I have some Presonus Eris5's with a small 8" Pioneer 100w sub and man it's powerful and tight. This game makes me wanna turn it way up.

I made it to lvl17 yesterday and am enjoying it about as much as the other betas. I think I might roll a different class today or tom just for grins.. The necro nerf is real. My simp army gets trampled by any boss.. just constant deaths managing getting them back up if I can.. I finally made it to a place where I can bolster their stoutness with skills so maybe they'll be more sturdy ... they locked away that further down the skill tree looks like. Still having fun with the necro though.
23GB on mine at 4K with DLAA turned on. No hitching at all. The game is locked at 95 FPS on my PC all the time.

Apparently the world boss is insanely difficult.
Maybe wait until tomorrow when people have better gear.
There isn't much of a tomorrow.

Also, Kor Dragan corpse run is an easy way of getting legendaries since they don't drop outside of Ashava or Butcher encounters, for some fucking reason. I racked up lots of gold and mats by selling/salvaging the higher level gear that can't be equipped anyway. This helped me immensely with upgrading the gear that I could actually wear. My sorc is as upgraded as can be but still missing some slots with aspects and legendaries.

I started doing the runs and had to avoid combat altogether. Now I can take on 40-50 enemies at once. Just check the corpses and don't clear it otherwise you can't farm it anymore.

You know the quest for knowledge quest I can't beat that boss the girls mother who Lillith like turned evil im a level 14 barbarian I'm playing on xbox

Apparently the world boss is insanely difficult.
Maybe wait until tomorrow when people have better gear.
OK, so a quick tip.

Forget trying to farm legendaries. It's just not going to happen.

Rather, a SIGNIFICANTLY faster approach is to scum the campaign. Have someone get to the final dungeon (where you need to kill the growths), but don't have them move on. Now, all you have to do is create a new character and complete the prologue. Then, join their game, they leave, and kill the final boss, and you'll get two guaranteed legendaries. (While you're completing the prologue, they can be killing the growths).

The point of this exercise is to get a few legendary drops with the aspects you want. Then, just extract them, and put them onto Level 20 yellows that you're wearing. Legendaries aren't really that much better than the yellows anyway.

We were averaging about 2 legendaries every 10 minutes, and between the first and second Asheva spawn, got powered up enough that we killed her with 8 minutes to spare the second time.

If you want any chance at Ashava, be sure to turn crossplay off. Console players seem to have no idea what to do against her.

I like the challenge of making it harder. Someone here posted a video a week or two ago of some youtuber gaining access to play high level dungeons and he said he got effing rocked up front.

I love that.

So I actually started playing season 28 just recently on D3 then of course flipping over to the D4 beta this weekend. Its bitter sweet because while I like where they're going with everything it's night and day coming from D3 where you melt mobs and D4 I'm breaking a sweat killing a couple skeletons. I know it's not anything near endgame right now but I really hope some of the legendaries get buffed a bit. The itemization feels almost like D3 did in 2012 when it released.

Legendaries aren't really that much better than the yellows anyway.
This is the EXACT same issue Blizzard had with D3 years ago. The legendaries weren't very legendary and often trumped by a simple rare with better rolls. How on earth can they forgot they already learned from this mistake before?

So I actually started playing season 28 just recently on D3 then of course flipping over to the D4 beta this weekend. Its bitter sweet because while I like where they're going with everything it's night and day coming from D3 where you melt mobs and D4 I'm breaking a sweat killing a couple skeletons. I know it's not anything near endgame right now but I really hope some of the legendaries get buffed a bit. The itemization feels almost like D3 did in 2012 when it released.
Yeah dude. On D3 seasons, after a bit of leveling up and grinding out gear sets and stuff, hitting a 100 billion damage, murking hundreds of adds in a row is pretty simple.

This is a fun new challenge and makes it seem darker too.

Yeah dude. After a bit of leveling up and grinding out gear sets and stuff, hitting a 100 billion damage, murking hundreds of adds in a row is pretty simple.

This is a fun new challenge and makes it seem darker too.
I'm all for a challenge. That's why I play hard-core exclusively on D3. And I'm okay with the experience being different than D3, but the world scaling with other player levels doesnt feel right also the itemization being underwhelming makes it feel like no matter how much you grind for better gear and builds, even at max level you're struggling the same as the level 7 dude next to you with starter gear.

I just have to remind myself that this is the beta and we must only be seeing about 5% of the game at this point.

I'm all for a challenge. That's why I play hard-core exclusively on D3. And I'm okay with the experience being different than D3, but the world scaling with other player levels doesnt feel right also the itemization being underwhelming makes it feel like no matter how much you grind for better gear and builds, even at max level you're struggling the same as the level 7 dude next to you with starter gear.

I just have to remind myself that this is the beta and we must only be seeing about 5% of the game at this point.
Bro - you're in a whole other department with that HC shit. LOL. I envy your patience.

I'm with you on the itemization, it seems like such an easy fix too, just give players more than one skill point per level and build the legendary powers into the skill tree, or put them on the paragon board as notables. Then just give people different ways to scale damage, damage types, damage multiplies, and the opposite. Then you have unique with + to skill rolls, same with rares. Maybe a unique guarantees a certain skill roll+ some other wacky state or ability.

Have a skill tree that's virtually non-existent with all of your skill modifiiers on items is bad game design. Maybe in an expansion they'll dump it after everyone realizes it sucks and the honeymoon period is over. There's a lot of good things about the game, but Diablo basically never comes out of the gate correct (I'm old enough to remember the Diablo 2 launch and how imbalanced the game was). Although, I do agree rune words basically ruined D2 itemization.

I only play HC in D3 as well, so much more fun. I got into HC for D2R and it's been fun as well but much more punishing.

Tried Ashava @ T2 and got her to 25-35% this is adequately geared and 50+ % poison resist. Need a well-optimized, skilled crew for T2.

Dropped to T1 and just destroyed her. May try T2 tomorrow and see what happens. Pretty nutty dps check @ level 20.

Regardless of the difficulty, drop rates, etc, this seems like a good standard for how a triple-A game should be done as they're clearly engaged. Lots of communication and transparency for a game like this, even if that's not enough for some. This is why I'm not terribly concerned with however it turns out at launch as they still have tweaking to do and certainly a lot more once people start getting into paragon boards and nightmare dungeons.

Again, just look around at other, considerably smaller game releases lately. None of them are remotely close to this level of effort. I know blizzard is infamous for crunch, unfortunately, but I'd say this team deserves a hell of a lot of praise thus far. And rest.

Regardless of the difficulty, drop rates, etc, this seems like a good standard for how a triple-A game should be done as they're clearly engaged. Lots of communication and transparency for a game like this, even if that's not enough for some. This is why I'm not terribly concerned with however it turns out at launch as they still have tweaking to do and certainly a lot more once people start getting into paragon boards and nightmare dungeons.

Again, just look around at other, considerably smaller game releases lately. None of them are remotely close to this level of effort. I know blizzard is infamous for crunch, unfortunately, but I'd say this team deserves a hell of a lot of praise thus far. And rest.
I mean there's also the issue of the nerf going live in the first place.
It was immediately obvious to anyone who played a Necro for a few minutes. It's like Blizz didn't even test it.

I had fun leveling a rogue. Melee with a mix of ranged and poison traps. I don't think I'll get a chance to kill the world boss. Necro is lvl 13 now and is fine expect for bosses with a minion build. Though blood lance was rather nasty at killing things.

Game ran mostly 60fps at 1080p high settings. Game used 8gb of system ram and all 8 of the gpu ram. Only some small stuttering in the main town and some loading issues on the start of a new character.

I had fun leveling a rogue. Melee with a mix of ranged and poison traps. I don't think I'll get a chance to kill the world boss. Necro is lvl 13 now and is fine expect for bosses with a minion build. Though blood lance was rather nasty at killing things.

Game ran mostly 60fps at 1080p high settings. Game used 8gb of system ram and all 8 of the gpu ram. Only some small stuttering in the main town and some loading issues on the start of a new character.
Just repeat the event right outside of town. When you complete it, teleport to town, then right back. It should take like an hour or two to hit 20.

Tried Ashava @ T2 and got her to 25-35% this is adequately geared and 50+ % poison resist. Need a well-optimized, skilled crew for T2.

Dropped to T1 and just destroyed her. May try T2 tomorrow and see what happens. Pretty nutty dps check @ level 20.
I was with a group that got her down to 15% on WT2 before running out of time. It was much easier in the first beta with the level 25 cap.

GF and I started yesterday on T2. Got to the first "boss" cant remember the name. Boy is it hard. Not sure if it's us and not being good, but everything feels like a sponge, just soaking up dmg. Don't really feel powerful at all. Game runs great though, looks great. Can't believe people can get in and play. I thought for sure we'd be seeing disconnects and long queues all weekend.

Just curious, is there any point to keeping the server slam installed after this is over? I'm assuming not, but I know some game unlock stuff depending on what's already on your PC.

Just curious, is there any point to keeping the server slam installed after this is over? I'm assuming not, but I know some game unlock stuff depending on what's already on your PC.
The stuff you unlock is tied to your account, so it doesn't matter if you keep the server slam installed or not.

Female Druid still looks like a morbidly obese Bull Dyke.
Welcome to Walmart we'll make her a Manager on top of it.

I'm split between rolling a Barbarian or a Druid I might do a Rogue since they can warp around fast.
What class has the best survival with World Bosses?

I mean there's also the issue of the nerf going live in the first place.
It was immediately obvious to anyone who played a Necro for a few minutes. It's like Blizz didn't even test it.
True. I'd say they're taking things a little *too* cautiously but they've shown how they can adjust to feedback in a live scenario on a stress test weekend. I'm not saying things are going to be flawless, I'm just saying it's encouraging. I don't doubt we'll see another round of balance changes, ill-advised or otherwise, from this weekend.

Welcome to Walmart we'll make her a Manager on top of it.

I'm split between rolling a Barbarian or a Druid I might do a Rogue since they can warp around fast.
What class has the best survival with World Bosses?
I did Rogue this time and had the easiest time against Ashava compared to Necromancer and Sorcerer. I haven't tried the other two. The last Ashava spawn for the server slam just finished 7 minutes ago.
What Class is that?
That is Barbarian.

I BARELY beat the World Boss with my alt account. I ended up having to help friends clear it all day yesterday, and forgot to level up my alt account until this morning. I created the character at 7 am, and missed the 9 am Asheva attempt, which I was hoping to get to, so I wouldn't be limited to a one shot attempt.

So, I hit 20. And use that Kor Dragan approach to try to get legendaries. But it must be hot fixed or something, because in 2 hours, I got nada. But I couldn't use my other approach, as I didn't download this beta on the PS5, and it said it would take until 1 to download (missing the last world boss attempt).

So, it's noon, and I'm going into the boss fight with pathetic gear, because I rushed to 20, and really had no time to grind up anything useful. A full group of 12 there, 3 of them below 20. Not sure why they're there, as the achievement only unlocks if you kill her at 20. It doesn't matter if you kill her at 19 and then hit 20, it won't unlock. But we have a couple rogues, so I'm thinking, maybe they'll carry us?

3 minutes in, and the boss is only down 1/2 a bar. Now, there are 5 bars to the boss, so a 15 minute kill time means each bar needs to be down within 3 minutes. So, my worst fear for this character has come true, and the one attempt I have on my alt we stand zero chance. It's a full group, meaning no other players can who might be able to carry this group. So, I gamble it all, and log off, and hopefully am able to join another game where the players have a better grasp on the boss. I pop into a new game, nada. I keep teleporting back to town and back to the zone, and the same instance. I gamble and start a new game and run back, and the same exact instance.

Finally, with roughly 7 minutes remaining, I manage to find a game. But only 2 bars down, so they're all behind on time as well. And I'm wearing terrible gear, so I know I'm not going to be much help here. But I stick it out, because by this point, every good team will have her almost killed, and if it takes me another 5 minutes to find a new game, the odds of finding a beatable Asheva are next to nil.

Then the amazing thing happens. A bunch of players in the zone leave. 12 players suddenly became 5. And now, the boss health bar starts dropping like crazy. By the time 3 minutes is on the clock, the boss has 1 1/4 bars left. Still not above time, but it went from no shot to potentially doable, especially considering the pace the remaining players are taking down the boss. And with 30 seconds, the boss goes down and my alt account no has that achievement as well.

Now, I do think that Blizzard should have given a little more time than a 24 hour only approach. With the previous beta, it was just getting to 20 in 3 days, which is very doable. It takes most players 2-3 hours for that, and you have the entire weekend (Friday - Monday), at the time of your choice. People have responsibilities, so I doubt most people would get more than 3-4 attempts at her at best. Then throw in, if you get sabotaged by Level <20 players. Because this boss does depend on your team. One player can't carry 11 others. There were quite a few player on discord who stated they were unable to get this betas achievement accomplished.

Did Ashava late last night on T2, wasn't too bad. Just need a group of 20s and a lot of sorcs basically.

Back